IrfanMomin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

My business details on Map added by other person

Hello, My Business location and details on map added by a local guides contributor. Now i wants to edit and make it my own. So how can i do that? 

Please Help me!!

Thanks in Advance!

14 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: My business details on Map added by other person

@IrfanMomin Hi 

A warm welcome to the Local Guides Connect Official Community and thanks for your posting on Connect.

You can edit this place as normally using Suggest an edits option .

If you are original owner you can claim this business for enlisted this on Google My Business Just Click on Claim this Business

To know about its read this https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038063?ctx%3Danstogmb

If you have more question feel free to post again ....

Level 6

Thanks for help.

I have tried to claim business but the mobile number is shown of other person. So i couldn't claim it.

is there any way to connect that contributor?

Thanks

Connect Moderator

Hello,

In order that we can advise you further, could you please provide a link to the feature?

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

Hi @IrfanMomin

Local Guides Connect is not a place for helping business owners in managing their places on Google Maps. For managing businesses by owners there is a special service - called Google My Business (GMB).

Here you can find special help community for GMB:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB

There you can find GMB experts and any further help in your verification problems.

Local Guides Connect is a forum for the "plain" Google Maps users who wanted to share their knowledge about the World, share their content - images, reviews and any other thoughts and help in improving Google Maps.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Connect Moderator

Hi @IrfanMomin,

Before we send you to the GMB forums, we do need to establish that you have a business with which they can help you.  Please do provide the link to your place so we can advise you.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 6

Hello @Flash

Thanks for helping to me

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/Apsara+Matching+Centre/@22.7278522,72.4390354,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!...

This is a link of my business. This business details was added by a google contributor before a few months. Currently there is different contact number and i needs to change it but couldn't do it and i also wants to be owner of this business in google map.

For this, @Flash please help me! Let me know if any further details required

Regards,

Irfan.

Connect Moderator

Thank you for the additional information.

First, I notice that you have reviewed your own business.  That is forbidden, please immeadiately remove that review.  Once you have claimed the feature you can add an owner's description.

I wanted to look at this closer because it seemed unusual that someone mapping a feature would put in their own phone number.  My first thought was that maybe it was not allowed on the map, but a clothing store is fine to add to the map.  What I do notice, however, is that not only is the phone number someone else's, but this place is already claimed by someone else.  This will be why you cannot make a claim nor change the number.

We will have to send you to the GMB forum for further help, but we need to establish what you should tell them when you post there.  Can you please answer the following?

1. Did someone else own this store before you?
  2. Who answers if you call that number?
  3. Have you ever used a SEO service to better appear in the rankings?

Level 8

Hello Shafiul,

I accidentally read this post and I have to thank you,
because it helped me too, You are a good teacher,

best of all, Klaudia

Level 10

Hi @IrfanMomin you'll have to request access to the business page, if you are allowed to manage: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en

If you will not have a response in 7 days, you should open a thread in GMB community: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB

Here, a Top Contributor could escalate the request to Google.

P.S. Just oday i replied to an onwership transfer request!