Omundu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Missing category

Hi I am trying to add a missing place but I am not able to find some categories like "Dispensary" and "Bus station". why these categories are not appearing in the list?

6 comments
Level 8

Re: Missing category

There are limited no. Of these categories​, can request on feedback platform mate @Omundu

Level 10

Hi @Omundu you can't add "bus station" because this POI falls into Google Transit layer; adding these kind of POIs require such public authority to request access to Google Transit program for updating transit layer.

Level 6

@LucioV wrote:

Hi @Omundu you can't add "bus station" because this POI falls into Google Transit layer; adding these kind of POIs require such public authority to request access to Google Transit program for updating transit layer.

Thanks @LucioV I understand now. And what about Dispensary Is it also the same ?

Level 7

Hi @Omundu.

You asked about the dispensary... but it depends on the type of dispensary it is.

Do you mean a medical dispensary, or perhaps an apothecary?

What kind would you like to add?

Level 10

@Omundu wrote:

@LucioV wrote:

Thanks @LucioV I understand now. And what about Dispensary Is it also the same ?

Maybe could fall into the more generic category of Pharmacy.

Level 7

In categories that are used in the USA, both @DChamandy, and @LucioV are correct.

If it is a place that primarily treats sick people, then it would be a clinic, or medical clinic

If it is a place that primarily sells medical drugs and supplies, then it would be a pharmacy

Maybe the categories you get if you use British English are a bit different, but I have not checked that version.