SirJMD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Beach as location

Hello @upeksha1996 need not to be sorry. We just recommend to everyone for search before posting in community. 

Happy Mapping 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

@MorrisG and all,

The point @Flashis making here, is that certain existing categories are not available to Local Guides themselves. Instead, places with these non-available but already existing categories can only be added by Google.  You as a Local Guides can report a missing place via the report feedback feature of Maps.

At the moment Local Guides can add places of the category subset called "Establishments". These are mostly businesses, the places on Maps one can review.

It is therefore that "Beach Resort" (a business) is available to us and Beach (a geographical natural feature) is not!!! So please, do not add a beach by using any available category, including "tourist attraction". Instead, if the beach is missing, report it to Google and wait patiently.

If you like to study this subject in more detail, check out these bookmarks of Connect posts on this category topic.

Happy Mapping!

JeroenM

Level 7

Also, to pile onto what @JeroenM was saying, LG's can also suggest missing roads through the Map.  This is particularly useful for Beaches with beach accesses, because technically the accesses are pedestrian-only roads, and with accurate 'road' names they become helpful delimiters to the beach itself.  It's a little slower approval process, but does work.  I hope this is helpful!  - Michael

It is therefore that "Beach Resort" (a business) is available to us and Beach (a geographical natural feature) is not!!! So please, do not add a beach by using any available category, including "tourist attraction". Instead, if the beach is missing, report it to Google and wait patiently.

If you like to study this subject in more detail, check out these bookmarks of Connect posts on this category topic.

Level 10

Hi @JeroenM

Great opinion and support

Good job

Level 8

@PaDeSSo.

Thank you for the complimenst and I am pleased it helped you.

Level 9

What category can we not add? I tried to add beach?

What category can we not add? or what can we add?  I tried to add beach?  I also see that the beach in my city is a beach resort like hotel and that is wrong. There is no category for beach at all.

Level 10

Re: What category can we not add? I tried to add beach?

Connect Moderator

Hi @Dharmarider please read this answer by connect moderator @Flash i hope it's helping you.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Missing-category-beach/m-p/281992#M8924

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Dharmarider,

I've moved your post in the relevant thread. Please always Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Since this option is not available, the best thing you can do is to Report an Error on Google Maps. Please bare in mind that the edit may take time to get approved.

Cheers,

Klaudiya

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Yes now if you Search for COSY BEACH Pattaya it is a Hotel and it also according to Google a Beach but in the hotel Category. So I guess should report that as wrong category?