SkiisPls's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Missing Road. Added several times under send feedback.

I've tried adding my home address several times to google maps. The complex was built about a year ago and the road is registered with the county and I've tried suggesting the new road several times. This is causing numerous shipping errors since businesses depend on google maps. There needs to be a way to expedite this, it's been two months already. Any suggestions?

5 comments
Level 7

Re: Missing Road. Added several times under send feedback.

1.  Is your road visible on Satellite View or in Google Earth?

2.  Has your road been added to Google maps but is still unnamed?

3.  Is there Street View imagery that goes along another road, past your road where you can see a street sign for your road?

Connect Moderator

Hello,

If you have submitted a request to add your road then I am afraid there is nothing more to do than wait for it's addition.  The queues are quite long right now, and can vary for each road edit depending on if Google's resources easily confirm the information or not.  I'm afraid there is no way to bypass the queues.

Google Maps, however, is not designed for business use; so any company relying on it for shipping/delivery purposes is simply being too cheap to purchase a business solution.  I personally would suggest to them that if they are in that business then they need to actually take a business approach to it.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

@SkiisPls wrote:

I've tried adding my home address several times to google maps. The complex was built about a year ago and the road is registered with the county and I've tried suggesting the new road several times. This is causing numerous shipping errors since businesses depend on google maps. There needs to be a way to expedite this, it's been two months already. Any suggestions?

Same happened to me but after a while, it was updated. Not all adjustments happen in real time. Just continue adding and it will be updated in time.

Love for Food and Landscape photography
Level 6

@sputnikjim

1 . Yes

2 . No

3 . Yes

@sputnikjim wrote:

1.  Is your road visible on Satellite View or in Google Earth?

2.  Has your road been added to Google maps but is still unnamed?

3.  Is there Street View imagery that goes along another road, past your road where you can see a street sign for your road?

Level 7

Based on what you've told me, I have high confidence that Google will add the road,it will have reasonably-accurate geometry and they will publish the correct name of the road.

The backlog of already submitted edits that Google has yet to process remains a significant problem.  Earlier today I got notification that a address marker creation on an already named street in suburban Washington DC was finally published after a 52 day wait.  I doubt the wait-time has gone down since June 6th, two months waits are probably more likely now.