JeremyK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Missing Categories

Hi, there are a few Categories in the "Category" listing which are not available in the Google Map Malaysia. I would like to know how can I escalate this issue? The categories that are not available in the list are:

1. Police Station
2. Police (instead of 'Carabinieri Police" or "Civil Police" or "Federal Police" or "Guardia Di Finanza Police" or "State Police" because Malaysia has only one kind of Police)
3. State Police Department
4. Federal Police Department
5. Police Department
6. Dam
7. Barrage
8. Water Tank or Balancing Tank
9. District Health Department (instead of the "Municipal Health Department")
10. Public Health Clinic
11. Public Dental Clinic
12. Pier or Jetty or Quay
13. Canal
14. Marine Police
15. Earth Station

Thank you.
Jeremy
Malaysia
12 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Missing Categories

@JeremyK HI 

Thanks for your Feedback ..

You can post this on Feedback and feature request Board .

All categories you have mentioned  were listed on  Map maker category. But in  Google maps we have to use some alternative categories for these.

You may find your all categories/ similar categories in this file-  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10QhWFmHYhZI7FL7cQZUqkDkRbexPVthEIfp8iibhA3s/edit#gid=1618773...

Level 9
Level 9

@ShafiulB wrote:

You may find your all categories/ similar categories in this file-  

Hi @ShafiulB I don't think that file has any official status and it's unclear how dated it may be. You may want to exercise caution sharing lest it mislead people

Connect Moderator

@Pea hi 

Its have some legal existent, I think or its help other ... 

but if you find any wrong, you may tell here ... 

This docs i have found from Lucio replay then i collected this or sometimes i use this for select any category for maps . thats all.

Connect Moderator

Hello @JeremyK,

The categories you have posted are not missing from Maps, they are simply by and large features that are not currently editable within Maps.

Within Map Maker, a tool that was just retired, most of those categories were available as it was the advanced editing tool for the map.  Google is now working on adding advanced editing directly within Maps.  In the meantime we can only make the basic edits Maps has long supported.  The POI that are editable are those that fit into the the subset we commonly refer to as the Establishment subset, which is largely comprised of businesses.

This subset is the only one that can have pictures and reviews attached; so basically if you can review it then it is editable.

Other categories fit into other subsets, for example Canal is in the water subset and both Dam and Pier are in the structure subset.  It is not that these do not exist, rather Google has not yet opened them for editing.

A few categories, such as Police Department, are already known to be missing; this was due to slightly different lists being used by Map Maker, Maps, Google My Business and some internal Google tools.  While some categories will remain internal only, Google is already working on creating one list that we can use in Maps that has the categories in the establishment subset that are available in other tools but missing from Maps.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Hi @Flash

Thanks for the clarification.

Regards,

Jeremy

Level 9

Dear @Flash

Thanks for your clear answer. I had this question too and you answer it.

Iran Local Guide
Level 10

@PhilipF wrote:

@ShafiulB wrote:

You may find your all categories/ similar categories in this file-  

Hi @ShafiulB I don't think that file has any official status and it's unclear how dated it may be. You may want to exercise caution sharing lest it mislead people

Hi @Pea in effect, this list, is from an official support pagehttps://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en

Level 10

Don't want to open post with same name...

there are several sub-categories present, but one missing is

Furniture Store

this one does not fit under previous @Flash's explanation

Level 10

@VlL wrote:

Don't want to open post with same name...

there are several sub-categories present, but one missing is

Furniture Store

this one does not fit under previous @Flash's explanation

In which language is missing? English (USA)? Really?