SamDa's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Missing Academic Building

Hi there. Unfortunately there's a building missing on the Washington State University Campus. There's a pin for the building, but it's not actually drawn on the map and the satellite images are out of date, so without searching for the location, you wouldn't know it was there. It's a popular study location and there's also a Starbucks inside of it that isn't shown.

Here's the building's pin: https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+Spark+Building+Washington+State+University/@46.7281429,-117.16...

Thanks for the help,

Sam

The Spark: Academic Innovation Hub, Northeast Washington Street, Pullman, WA, USA
3 comments
Level 10

Re: Missing Academic Building

Hi @SamDa

Warm welcome to Local Guides Connect Community.

You can open three line menu on the right above of Google Maps.

After that you can open "Send Feedback" in your menu and then find point of your issue and after that write for it.

Feedback.jpgSend FeedbackSend Feedback

Missing Road.jpgMissing RoadMissing Road

Please follow this steps

1. Open the Google Maps app Google Maps.
  2. Tap Menu Menu and then Send feedback and then
  3. To report your issue, follow the instructions.
  4. Tap Send.

Best Regards
Rezgar

Connect Moderator

Hello @Rezgar,

Thank you for trying to help, however this person is asking about adding a building.  There is no such option in Send Feedback.

Hi @SamDa,

Building edits are not being accepted at this time.  The marker you point to is someone's attempt to add a building despite this, this will need to be deleted.

In general buildings get added via automated processes by algorithms that analyze the aerial photography.  There is a possibility that we might be able to get this added via the Maps forum, if you could make the same post over there and then tag me here with a link to it then I'll try to help you over there.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 6

Okay great. Thanks @Flash. Here's the post: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/maps/O66-m9aiTlQ;context-place=forum/maps

Thanks for the help.