Semmy-de-Nada's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Merging a double ghost entry

I am trying to get this fixed now for a while.

There is a ghost entry with the same restaurant

The correct address is Camino Llanito Perera 42

There is a review and some pictures on the ghost entry:
https://goo.gl/maps/RDRrz9ew5Xq

I already reported to move the marker.

The correct entry is here at
https://goo.gl/maps/eB3deEXSyhN2

I actually took 360 panoramic pictures there

a few weeks ago.

How can these entries be merged?

Quirky storyteller and traveling crime novel writer. GLBTQ+ come follow me and check www.semmy.eu
Icod de los Vinos, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Merging a double ghost entry

Only Google can merge duplicates.  Please ask them to do so by reporting for one that the place does not exist and then choosing the duplicate option as the reason.  It does not matter which one you choose, Google will be analyzing them to see which is the better to keep visible.

Duplicates should always be handled this way, never with another option, as you cannot see the behind the scenes connections to data sources that you might be severing.

As a note, the POI they do remove is normally just hidden and becomes a feed into the remaining POI, so it's best to first edit all the POIs to have an accurate name, location and address.  You do not have to fill in everything, such as URLs, but do remove anything inaccurate.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Only Google can merge duplicates.  Please ask them to do so by reporting for one that the place does not exist and then choosing the duplicate option as the reason.  It does not matter which one you choose, Google will be analyzing them to see which is the better to keep visible.

Duplicates should always be handled this way, never with another option, as you cannot see the behind the scenes connections to data sources that you might be severing.

As a note, the POI they do remove is normally just hidden and becomes a feed into the remaining POI, so it's best to first edit all the POIs to have an accurate name, location and address.  You do not have to fill in everything, such as URLs, but do remove anything inaccurate.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 8

casageno111.jpg

They already moved my marker of the ghost place and now
they are showing up next to each other. So I followed your advice
and did report the one I did move as "never existed there" and hope
it will be fixed soon. Thanks @Flash

Quirky storyteller and traveling crime novel writer. GLBTQ+ come follow me and check www.semmy.eu
Connect Moderator

Hello,

"Never existed' would not be the correct option.  Please only use "Duplicate", never any other option.

As I stated earlier, you cannot see what data feeds go into each POI, and thus cannot know what other information you are deleting.  The "Never existed" option is only to be used for places that never existed or were not mappable.