Piehti's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Massive increase of faulty categorys and ratings since Chromecast-Game offer

Hello folks!

I'm not sure wether I'm right in here or not, but since I think Google and staff might want to know about this, I'm posting it here and beg for your pardon, if the Topic doesn't fit here...

I can see a huge increase of fake ratings and useless renaming / recategorizing, since the new Level-System / the Chromecast game started...

For example is someone in the region of "Feudenheim / Mannheim / Baden-Württemberg / Germany" recategorizing randomly every business (or at least those, who have something to do with "keys" and "doors") to "Saatgutanbieter" which stands for "Seed Supplyer" or "Stiefelreperatur" which would cope with "boots repairings" or something like that.

Wether this or the Google-Algorythm is just cranking up!

In both cases someone Google / Administration / Supporters / Mods might want to investigate the issue and stop those accounts / fix the problem.

So for bothering. Any explanation? I'm worried that I'm doing harm to decline the renaming...

-Piehti

Mannheim, Deutschland
2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Massive increase of faulty categorys and ratings since Chromecast-Game offer | Massive abuse of

Hello,

Please provide links to multiple sample POIs so that we can advise as to the next step.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Re: Massive increase of faulty categorys and ratings since Chromecast-Game offer

In addition:

It's hard to give examples, since the categories change and I didn't take down any of them, because it were so many, that I didn't think it would be neccesary to reverse engeneer the Problem.

Anyway. You might want to consider the following screen for hints.

The red-lined business are no "Saatgutanbieter" but have something to do with "Keys" and stuff. I'm sure they are inflicted with the issue and can help Google to track the issue down (I would be able to...):

Faulty "Saatgutanbieter"Faulty "Saatgutanbieter" Faulty "Saatgutanbieter"

They are  partially located Mannheim. Partially Baden-Württemberg. I think one should be able to track the issue down, by looking up, who changed the category to "Saatgutanbieter" and then have a look at all recategorization he/ she /it did recently. I think there are much much more Businesses in Germany involved, but haven't got the time to investigae further right now...

There should be only 3 possible results left in the end anyway (by looking at the three busniess in the Screenshot above):

a) Google renamed them (for a translation error – or whatever).

b) One person is changing the categories on purpose (I'd guess it's about points or SEO. I don't think someone is acting because he doesn't know it better)

c) Several persons are acting together. That would be surly SEO-orientated aims in the end (mass high lvl accs, pushing the only leftovers NON-"Saatgutanbieter"...)

In any case it is out of my range from here. Hope you will find something. I also got some other cases for other "mass happenings" that make no sense, where I suspect lower intends for reason of acting... but I wanna have a deeper look at that cases first.

Regards

Piehti