ViganRon's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Markers displaced by very long distance.

I have found a number of schools marked in the wrong towns or even the wrong province. Often there is a clue to the proper location in the listed address. 

It appears that someone in the past had a list of schools in the Northern Philippines and just splattered them in the general vicinity. I have corrected almost 100 since started working on the Maps.

Moving these is very difficult, Maps continually rejects my corrections. 

I have managed to move a few after months and dozens of tries but still have a few that keep getting "Not Applied"

I am considering using the "Never existed" option on the incorrect marker and then placing a new marker in the correct location.

Philippines
2 comments
Level 7

Re: Markers displaced by very long distance.

Clarifying previous post.  I have made numerous corrections and most go thru ok.

The big problem is when I try to move a marker a long distance to a different town or province.

The ones that were successful took months and many rejected attempts. I have a few now that still keep getting a "Not Applied". 

Connect Moderator

Re: Markers displaced by very long distance.

Hello @ViganRon,

Is it just the marker location that is incorrect, but the name and address are correct?

Or do these also incorrect addresses?

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages