BabluBaghel's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Marking my town on google

Hi, @Ritusaketverma you have made a good question about offline update.

Already @NareshDarji, @ashwath and @somethingnewidk gives you better solution

But you have to have GPS option active while in offline mode.

You can try a screenshot of your GPS map with your location point while taking photos.

This will work better to find your location. For job purpose i have to visit different new and unknown places sometimes. and i have taken million of photos of places but at night when i return to home or hotel room and got WIFI i do upload them into Google MAP. MY location GPS screenshot helps me to find out the shop position in map.

Happy Mapping.

Level 4

Re: Mark The villages In India

Right

Level 8

60 to 70% population of India live in villages and Indian government is also focusing on villages connectivity with cities. Most of time people try to find road near to villages. So we want to google map moderator allow to lg for editing/adding name of villages and near by road. Thank

@Flash wrote:

Hello,

The political data on the map is to a point where Google is highly confident in the data.

There are complex rules for adding political data that reflect how the system uses that data.  For example, with the exception of neighbourhoods, no political feature may overlap another feature with the same category.  This may seem logical for a country or state/province; but this also means that historical villages that don't actually have a municipal government but rather are in a larger municipality cannot be mapped as it would overlap with that larger municipality.  Additionally, if a village has no government of it's own but rather is governed by the district/county it is in then often it will not qualify for it's own listing.

Municipal features will also sometimes not be added if the population density is below a certain threshold.

Any area with a disputed border will not be something where Google is going to pick one side or the other.

As Google is highly confident in their data and as people were making edits without understanding what qualifies to be mapped, Google closed editing of political data several years ago.  You may attempt to report information you feel is missing via "Other Feedback / App Feedback"; but you should understand that it is likely it will not be actioned if it does not work with the way Maps is designed.

@Flash wrote:

Hello,

The political data on the map is to a point where Google is highly confident in the data.

There are complex rules for adding political data that reflect how the system uses that data.  For example, with the exception of neighbourhoods, no political feature may overlap another feature with the same category.  This may seem logical for a country or state/province; but this also means that historical villages that don't actually have a municipal government but rather are in a larger municipality cannot be mapped as it would overlap with that larger municipality.  Additionally, if a village has no government of it's own but rather is governed by the district/county it is in then often it will not qualify for it's own listing.

Municipal features will also sometimes not be added if the population density is below a certain threshold.

Any area with a disputed border will not be something where Google is going to pick one side or the other.

As Google is highly confident in their data and as people were making edits without understanding what qualifies to be mapped, Google closed editing of political data several years ago.  You may attempt to report information you feel is missing via "Other Feedback / App Feedback"; but you should understand that it is likely it will not be actioned if it does not work with the way Maps is designed.

Asheesh Pandey
Connect Moderator

Hello @AsheeshPandey,

Please use Send Feedback in Maps to let Google know of your desire.  I can't promise you that things will then change, but Google does consider all input.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

How to edit the existing village name

Hello,

This below tagged location(Kollipadu) is not correct. There is no village/area called Kollipadu in this location. This area comes under Vajrapukotturu village/mandal. 

I already reported this issue from my mobile as a feedback there is no response.  Whenever I/we search for weather report in this are, I/we get the report for kollipadu which is confusing the local people. Please remove

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/Kollipadu,+Andhra+Pradesh+532222/@18.697686,84.428704,16.69z/dat...

Level 9

Re: How to edit the existing village name

Hello @jaya6v

I believe the best answer to your problem is the following (which was posted on the missing roads topic)

If you see errors in Google Maps such as:

• Incorrect road names
  • Wrong info about one-way and two-way roads
  • Incorrectly drawn road
  • Closed roads
  • Roads that don't exist
  • Wrong addresses or marker locations

Tell us about an error

1. Open Google Maps . Make sure you're signed in.
  2. In the top left, click Menu Menuand thenSend feedback and then Edit the map.
  3. Follow the instructions.
  4. Click Submit.

Source : https://goo.gl/i0zG1L

I guess that all you can do then is wait... Maybe if several people report the same problem / the update could be faster I guess / just my theory though )))

Good luck

Check out my virtual tours demo / "A camera is a save button for the mind's eye" - Geek quote 🙂 /

Generated using https://ndsmyter.be/local-guides-banner/
Level 8

Hi @jaya6v How to update or remove town name in Google maps steps in this video#

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=83RQoXfd2Ho

I do understand that you already submitted your feedback in mobile, If you submitted your feedback back I strongly recommend you to wait or you can submit your feedback one again. Please refer the below images for which shows adding a area name it's the same process how to remove too:  

See the photo my village address with pincode you can see send buttonSee the photo my village address with pincode you can see send button

After i will go to help-send feedback- report missing village .I am mar my village area

Once after you submitted your feedback google will review and will do accordingly.

I Hope this helps you 🙂

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Connect Moderator

Hello @jaya6v,

As your question is very frequently asked, I will merge it with an existing thread; please read the answer there.  Please do always ensure to search the forums when you have an inquiry, most questions have already been asked and answered.

Thank you for working towards a better map for all.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

Thanks for your reply. I reported several  times. I will wait..

Level 8

@Flash wrote:

Hello @AsheeshPandey,

Please use Send Feedback in Maps to let Google know of your desire.  I can't promise you that things will then change, but Google does consider all input.

Thanks @Flash 

Asheesh Pandey