BabluBaghel's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Marking my town on google

Hi ashwath thanks yes hasimara a beautiful place!What I actually want to know is how to mark exact locations when you don't have internet connection

Connect Moderator

Hi @Ritusaketverma

You can send feedback on Google maps about add small town or village. 

Markvillage on your feedback and provide information about this place. 

• On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app Google Maps
  • Tap Menu Help  >  Send feedback.

Help.jpg

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

@Ritusaketverma, if you do not have an internet connection while outdoors and still want to add new places, this is what I would do if I were in your place.

You need a reference point from which to start: you can use a physical building or even a turn in a road as a reference point.

For example, let's say you want to add a bakery to Maps, and you know that it is located 14 buildings to the left of an ATM which is already present on Maps. You use this ATM as a reference point, turn on the Satellite mode in Maps, and count 14 buildings to the left of the ATM. Voilà. 

If you cannot find a building nearby, you will need to look for a place where the road intersects with another road (or something else unique close to the building you're going to add), and use that as a reference point to find the exact location of your building on the map. 

I've done virtual tours where I physically drew my own maps after walking through a place and taking photos. What you have to do will be easier than that, but it'll still take a bit of time. But you will feel happy with yourself in the end, which is all that matters! Have fun with it!

Level 2

Apply my Hometown

Hey girls & boys!
I'm new here (Level2) and I would like to apply my hometown to the map, because goole local guide can't find it.

How can I do this?

If you speak german, answer in german, please! 😛

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apply my Hometown

Sie können Ihren Heimatstandort nicht als POI in Google Maps hinzufügen.

Sie können jedoch Ihre Heimatadresse für den Heimatstandort auswählen.

Practically open maps on mobile, tap on hamburger menu and then on your places, tap home and search for the address. @SpaceTraveler

Connect Moderator

Re: Apply my Hometown

Hello,

Your question is frequently asked, I will thus merged your post into one that is already answered.  If the answer there does not answer all your questions then please post follow up questions there.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

@ashwath thank you so much will definitely try your tips so grateful to you for taking out time and explaining things in such a simple manner for shops I will follow your tips...But most of the time I want to mark remote places like a watch tower in jungle or a dhaba near it.thank you so much!!👍

Level 8

@NareshDarji thanks will try it!!👍

Connect Moderator

Good. It's taking 3 to 6 months update on map @Ritusaketverma 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

Hey! I think it's great that you're trying to add places on Google maps. 😄

I'm from Himachal Pradesh and just like you I have visited many villages and places that might still be missing from the app. 

I've made a community for local guides from Himachal and you can join it if you like 😃

https://plus.google.com/communities/114958562510168713386