BabluBaghel's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Mark The villages In India

Hey You all Mapmakers,

I would like to request you all that some of Villages in India in not located over Google Maps so longs. some of Schools have and Exam Centers Need to update over the Maps.

So we have to start New Conjugation for those villages in india and the worlds which they not have information over Google or Google Maps.  

India
113 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Mark The villages In India

Hello,

The political data on the map is to a point where Google is highly confident in the data.

There are complex rules for adding political data that reflect how the system uses that data.  For example, with the exception of neighbourhoods, no political feature may overlap another feature with the same category.  This may seem logical for a country or state/province; but this also means that historical villages that don't actually have a municipal government but rather are in a larger municipality cannot be mapped as it would overlap with that larger municipality.  Additionally, if a village has no government of it's own but rather is governed by the district/county it is in then often it will not qualify for it's own listing.

Municipal features will also sometimes not be added if the population density is below a certain threshold.

Any area with a disputed border will not be something where Google is going to pick one side or the other.

As Google is highly confident in their data and as people were making edits without understanding what qualifies to be mapped, Google closed editing of political data several years ago.

You can express your desire to see a method added to report missing political data by using Send Feedback -> Your Opinions About Maps.  Google uses input there to understand what future changes to the interface users would like to see prioritized.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Level 7

Google why cannot add may village name?

Google has repeatedly linked the name of my village, but did not receive it on Google! But the name of the surrounding villages, Google has the right map. Not just my village, next to the village, there are a few more are on Google Maps! The official Web site of the village's name come searching for me, gave its link at the bottom- 

Govenment web portal link-  In the name of my village, there is a Facebook page link- Clik there

See my about please clik to the web link facebook.com/jm.julfekarnayon
Level 7

Re: Google why cannot add may village name?

Google does not allow users to add any map features.  That includes village names.

Google does not give reasons for it's policies and criteria.  It is not legally bound to do so.

Level 7

Re: Google why cannot add may village name?

This option can't work.

I asking any solution way?

See my about please clik to the web link facebook.com/jm.julfekarnayon
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Mark The villages In India

Hello,

The political data on the map is to a point where Google is highly confident in the data.

There are complex rules for adding political data that reflect how the system uses that data.  For example, with the exception of neighbourhoods, no political feature may overlap another feature with the same category.  This may seem logical for a country or state/province; but this also means that historical villages that don't actually have a municipal government but rather are in a larger municipality cannot be mapped as it would overlap with that larger municipality.  Additionally, if a village has no government of it's own but rather is governed by the district/county it is in then often it will not qualify for it's own listing.

Municipal features will also sometimes not be added if the population density is below a certain threshold.

Any area with a disputed border will not be something where Google is going to pick one side or the other.

As Google is highly confident in their data and as people were making edits without understanding what qualifies to be mapped, Google closed editing of political data several years ago.

You can express your desire to see a method added to report missing political data by using Send Feedback -> Your Opinions About Maps.  Google uses input there to understand what future changes to the interface users would like to see prioritized.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 3

Doklam

I know that doklam is now known by everyone, its been in knews all over.

I was searching for Doklam which is said to be bordering 3 countries - India / China/ Bhutan. And google maps was not showing any place named doklam. 

Please research and mark the place named doklam.

Thanks,

Keya

Level 4

How to add village in google map

I want to add my village location on map but it adda it my favourite location. When i search the village name it shows right location but when other search this it does not show any place on Google with that name. So tell me how to add a place on google map.

Level 7

Re: How to add village in google map

Dear Sir,

as per the Google disable the Google Map maker since 3 month ago. you can not add new place. but you can send feedback in same. if serval time google map maker start you can add your village on the maps. 

Thank You

Level 6

Mapping

Map all the villages in Enugu state

Level 1

adding new place in google maps

how to add my colony in google map