OnyedikaBenjaminJ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Mapping outside my locality

So i got my vacation coming up soon so am wondering if i can do some mapping there, or am i just limited to my own local zone?

8 comments
Level 9

Re: Mapping outside my locality

Hi @OnyedikaBenjaminJ,

No, you're not limited to your own local zone and can contribute to share all your experiences without limit !

Imagine you live in a small city, what to do when you finish exploring it ?

You naturelly expand your activities exploring new spaces like our ancestors did 🙂

This is what a Local Guide is : An explorer.

Have a nice day.

My MapsIWe're the World, We're the Local Guides!
Level 9

@OnyedikaBenjaminJ I agree with @BoyScout.

Please open your wings and make the world a better place mapping it up. 

Wish you all the best for the endeavor and happy vacation.

Thanks,

Saroj

Connect Moderator

Hello,

There is not an area limitation with regards to mapping, but rather there is a personal knowledge limitation.

To ensure that everything is unencumbered by copyright and thus can be published by Google; to edit the map you must only use information from the imagery Google provides (aerials and Street View), the direct websites of the place itself, or your own personal knowledge.

When you go on vacation you will then gain personal knowledge of the places you visit.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

@Flash thanks for advice but i dont understand, can you please use simple english.

@Flash wrote:

Hello,

There is not an area limitation with regards to mapping, but rather there is a personal knowledge limitation.

To ensure that everything is unencumbered by copyright and thus can be published by Google; to edit the map you must only use information from the imagery Google provides (aerials and Street View), the direct websites of the place itself, or your own personal knowledge.

When you go on vacation you will then gain personal knowledge of the places you visit.

Level 9

@BoyScout lol, forefathers stuff in this our generation? That one was funny and good advice, thanks too

@Bricostuff wrote:

Hi @OnyedikaBenjaminJ,

No, you're not limited to your own local zone and can contribute to share all your experiences without limit !

Imagine you live in a small city, what to do when you finish exploring it ?

You naturelly expand your activities exploring new spaces like our ancestors did 🙂

This is what a Local Guide is : An explorer.

Have a nice day.

Level 9

@Sarojdhakal thanks, i will do just that

@Sarojdhakal wrote:

@OnyedikaBenjaminJ I agree with @BoyScout.

Please open your wings and make the world a better place mapping it up. 

Wish you all the best for the endeavor and happy vacation.

Thanks,

Saroj

Connect Moderator

To put it simply:

It is OK to map anywhere.

You must map what you know.  It cannot be learned from other maps, websites, books, etc.  It must be learned via visiting the location.

So you can map what you visit while on vacation.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

@Flash thanks got it clear now

@Flash wrote:

To put it simply:

It is OK to map anywhere.

You must map what you know.  It cannot be learned from other maps, websites, books, etc.  It must be learned via visiting the location.

So you can map what you visit while on vacation.