LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Mapping movie sets in Rome

Inspired by @MariaBi words in this thread: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Photos/thread-id/8992/page...

And hoping to be featured in Google Earth Voyager ( @AlexVee ) i would like to show my (still incomplete) map of some iconic movie sets in Rome.

Hope you like it: https://goo.gl/gXZQql (click to see the map)

Rome Movie SetsRome Movie Sets

Roma, RM, Italia
21 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Mapping movie sets in Rome

@LucioV Its amazing !! 

Its a Movie set My maps!!, where are all movie  Director, not need to hard work to finding sets for new movies just click on @LucioV's maps. wow!!

Level 10

Thanks @ShafiulB my aim is to let the world know the places where many great Italian movies has been shoot. I encourage other countries local guides to do the same!!!!

If you click on places, you will see a photo, or a video from the movie, and the link to street view imagery.

Level 9
Level 9

An excellent demonstration of My Maps, great stuff! Feel free to add La Strada, one of my faves, I think it has a scene a Roma

Level 10

@Pea wrote:

An excellent demonstration of My Maps, great stuff! Feel free to add La Strada, one of my faves, I think it has a scene a Roma

Thanks!

I've already filled all the available layers, but i will consider changing one!

Level 8

@LucioV

Great idea Lucio, one that all unofficial LG communities could benefit from. If the list of locations becomes too large, one could separate them by genre or by Director. We (the LG community) should contact fan clubs and get them into it, as a way of recruiting Local Guides and promoting Maps.

You should share this idea on community moderators forum, if you haven't already done so.

Another reason for Google to help us share lists in more ways. Placing a URL to maps is not a nice way to share the list on a blog, FB page, etc. We need a RSS/ XML format!

Level 10

Thanks @JeroenM i think anyone could contribute with his preferred genres, and the list could grow!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Luck LucioV, big Compliments for your Virtual Tour (The photosphere with my Samsung Gear 360 on lean) for mapping Cinema Areas. I'm a Cultural Operator, also C.E.O. of Arts & Sounds , who promote Cultural Events, with particular attention to the Social disadvantage, with sounds and video-immages and my vision of interactivity I spiritually share many of your words on the historic Garbatella district of Rome ... its sinuous roads that come down and rise as in Manhattan, sometimes opening and widening like curved waves that make you think about the curves of the circuits Of Formula 1. And its lights of the nineteenth-century memory, tenuous, yellow and courtyards and courtyards, and especially people of human dimension, as it once was the whole city of Rome.
The historical Palladium where I listened to great concerts, and saw spectacles of acrobats and funamboli in special contexts, where you could meet the writer Alberto Moravia or the young politician Marco Pannella, and also beautiful women from the theater or civil society, students politicized in Hurriedly into a controversial and revolutionary Italian political climate than the fascist Welsh Formal Institutions, the Women of the Lords, wanted to say theirs. In the 1980s, Rome was a coffin of intelligence and attracted many others from Europe, the United States and Russia, and from other continents still ... beautiful words and things run like the wind and Rome filling ' Artists, intellectuals, architects, painters, landscapers, chroniclers and reporter, in short, it was a Loop of the 1960s and Dolce Vita.
The architectures of Garbatella, designed by the architects and urbanists Costantino Costantini, Massimo Piacentini, Mario De Renzi and Nori in the years between the twenties and thirties, are pleasant, rounded and alternating with Green and Ville, this architecture reminds me of the Coppedè, 1915 -1927 work remained unfinished.
(In 1915, the Anonima Edilizia Moderna Company, based in Piazza Pietra, had as its managing director Aonzo Arnaldo the idea of ​​a residential area in Rome, adjacent to Piazza Quadrata (Piazza Buenos Aires), between the boundaries of Parioli and the new ones The epoch, the Salario and Trieste districts, the project is entrusted to Gino Coppedè (strange fate is the fact that I also call myself Gino). Cerruti's financiers, with Coppedè, wanted to retrace, on Rome, the route started in Genoa Coppedè himself. The district was born on the editorial board of Edmund Sanjust of Teulada in 1909 (Mayor Ernesto Nathan), among the few difficulties and contrasts between the building commission and architect Coppedè, with constraints imposed by the sovereignty of the building committee as It happened in 1918 on the concession of the former town councilor, Galassi, on the lot of Via Po.Coppede of Via Salaria - Wikipedia source)
I hope I have given a useful impression, but above all I rejoice if I have created an emotion in you ...
Yours sincerely
Gino Parito Sorrenti

Level 10

Thanks @Anonymous your words are lights in the dark of the modern Rome! Nice to meet such a passionate on connect! Welcome! And feel free to ask me how to create maps for sharing your knowledge!

Former Google Contributor

Amazing @LucioV!

My congratulations and thanks for this inspiring work. It is very useful for everyone who loves Italian movies and wants to discover Rome in an alternative way! 

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them