willo_walker's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Mapping is life

Travelling almost 400,000km on my bike, contributing and improving the information on maps, i can proudly say that i am an awesome traveller. But this journey could not have been so exciting as it was with using google maps. Till i remember myself travelling i have been using a google maps. I first started using it on a symbian s60 phone. The location services were not great on those phones but i always managed to find my way with maps. Whenever i saw a place lacking information or with incorrect information, i'd always opt to improve it. There had been times when i would pack my bag, strap my guide suits and range the nearby places collecting information and adding new places to maps. I have always found love in doing so because i knew, no matter how small the contribution might be, it would help someone in need. I remember the times when i really needed to find some place and there wasn't enough information about it. It was frustrating and i had to go find it with great difficulty. But whenever i found the place i was looking for, i would share all the possible information about that place on maps so that someone else wouldn't had to go through what i went. So, that's how i became a local guide. Slowly slowly, one review, one photo, one answer at a time. 

So, what's your story? Tell me. I am here to listen 🙂

Daman, Daman and Diu, India