YerbolatO's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Mapping ATMs

Dear Community,

While mapping and adding missing information on the map, I have come across the problem with ATMs. As there is not any separate category, the map asks to add the telephone number of the ATM. Thus it seems that the map sees ATMs as a bank branch, which is actually a big problem both for editors and users. Does anyone knows solution of this problem? 

Regards,

Yerbolat 

4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Mapping ATMs

That is the phone number that should be used if you wish to add one.

ATMs are permitted to be listed separate from the branch when they have different hours of availability than the branch.  To distinguish them, they are one of the few items where you are allowed to add a descriptors, so it is permitted to have XYZ Bank and a separate POI called XYZ Bank ATM.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

In general automated transaction locations, or "vending machines", are not permitted unless they are on a list of exceptions.  ATMs are one of the few items on the list.

For those automated locations that are allowed to not have a human present to be mappable they are required to instead have a phone number on the machine where a human can be reached if there are any issues.  That would be the phone number that should be used for ATMs.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 7

@GreggG wrote:

In general automated transaction locations, or "vending machines", are not permitted unless they are on a list of exceptions.  ATMs are one of the few items on the list.

For those automated locations that are allowed to not have a human present to be mappable they are required to instead have a phone number on the machine where a human can be reached if there are any issues.  That would be the phone number that should be used for ATMs.

Hi GreggG,

The only phone number, which is available on the ATM is the call center of the bank. The main issue is that ATM is not distinguished from the bank branch for the users of the map while searching. So it leads to Google Maps not being suitable for searching ATM or Bank Branch. It also makes life difficult for local guides. 

Regards, 

Connect Moderator
Solution

That is the phone number that should be used if you wish to add one.

ATMs are permitted to be listed separate from the branch when they have different hours of availability than the branch.  To distinguish them, they are one of the few items where you are allowed to add a descriptors, so it is permitted to have XYZ Bank and a separate POI called XYZ Bank ATM.

Level 6

I have been listing ATMs as Cashpoints category as I've tried finding one and drove 5 mins away and on my return found one around 30 seconds from my location