Abhi20sl's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Maping problem while adding new place

This is really a nobel work to be a map maker or helping other to navigate over the globe.

But some times while adding new place or suggesting an edit a common problem is faced by me as well as my known local guides are that when they add some places which is already known to google maps they dont get any approval most of the time.. I am also sharing my personal experience that it is true some times approval is a big issue but I know I am right still i am not able to get any approval ... How can I resolve this issue...

Delhi, India
1 comment
Connect Moderator

Re: Maping problem while adding new place

Hello @Abhi20sl,

If Google could trust everyone to always make good edits then there would never be denials, but unfortunately those that purposely or innocently add bad data have resulted in the need for filters.  Sometimes those filters will give a false positive, and sometimes those filters kick in due to you unknowingly violating a rule.  You can read more in this pinned post.

In addition to the advice given there, you also have the option of creating a post here to provide all the data of a failed edit including exact GPS location, any existing POI, and exactly what data you were trying to add or edit.  With that mapping experts in this forum can look it over and let you know if there are obvious and/or likely issues that you can fix in your next attempt.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages