BahauddinS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Map suggestions

Thanks GOOGLE to improve our Bangladesh map with new features TRAFFIC update. 🙂 It helps us to choose the route for our destination.

now I add one point to improve it with public transport time table, schedule etc.

If possible, to get this feature, may shohoz.com or busbd.com.bd or paribahan.com  provide the schedule time of long route buses. so when we use maps for locate our long destination, now we found only CAR, and WALKING. we want information about BUS/public transport or Train.

Is It possible??
Dear, @BruceDM@ErmesT@TraciC@MariaBi@AGarner@SumaiyaZafrin

thanks again,

GOOGLE

Dhaka, Dhaka Division, Bangladesh
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Map suggestions

Hello @BahauddinS,

Google cannot use the data off of someone else's website, that would be a violation of copyright.

What Google does is offer local transit authorities the ability to contribute their schedules, in that way the information is being offered by the publisher.  The various instances of transit routing throughout the world all involve the local transit authority providing the information through Google's partner's program.  To add it in Bangladesh will require the various transit authorities there to do the same.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello @BahauddinS,

Google cannot use the data off of someone else's website, that would be a violation of copyright.

What Google does is offer local transit authorities the ability to contribute their schedules, in that way the information is being offered by the publisher.  The various instances of transit routing throughout the world all involve the local transit authority providing the information through Google's partner's program.  To add it in Bangladesh will require the various transit authorities there to do the same.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Hol @Flash

Me interesaria, senalar con iconos de silla de ruedas, las paradas de omnibus con sistema adecuado para el uso de personas que nesecitan un desplazamiento fisico diferente , solo respetan las sillas de ruedas. .Doble problema, pues pues , ese icono , no lo tenemos. Para senalizar las rampas, uso fotos, con coordenadas y cualquier categoria que diga discapacitados, aun asi tengo visitas, pero no son visibles en el mapa. En mi pais, es un tema que hay mucho para trabajar. Igualmente, las discapacidades visuales y auditivas, que su trayecto diario es rutinario. Tenemos mucho para trabajar aun, aunque en otros paises, tienen bastones con sensores, muy caros y comprados en Europa.

Saludos cordiales.

Luana Lima

LuaPL
Level 8

@Flash 

thank you for sharing.