GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

[FIXED] Missing Photos and Drop in Points

UPDATE (06/30/17): Discrepancies in awarded points have been rectified. You should be seeing your points updated as per the approved contributions you have made on Google Maps

UPDATE (06/28/17): Photos have been restored to all users account however you may still see some discrepancies in awarded points in your Contributions tab. We continue to work on this issue and appreciate your patience

UPDATE (06/28/17): The team has resolved the issue of missing points and Local Guides should see that their points for valid contributions restored.
However some of you may notice that missing photos are still not yet reinstated. We are working on this and are doing everything we can to get them back as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience. 

--

Hello everyone,

We've been getting some reports from Local Guides experiencing missing photos and drop in points related to photos in the last few days.

Our team is currently investigating the issue.

If you are impacted by this issue please share with us

• Your Google Maps profile URL
  • How many photos you are missing 
  • When you noticed the drop in points/missing photos 

We will keep this post updated.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
854 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Missing Photos and Drop in Points

Hello everyone,

The issue has been fully fixed now.  All approved photos and points you made on Google Maps have been restored and updated.

Please note your points and level can take up to 24 hours to update and do not expire, but may decrease if content is removed for violating our policies.

This post is now closed for new replies.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Level 8

Lost Points

My point and level will decrease automatically.

If i add any comment or location the point not increase also.

Anyone Please give me solution.

Level 10

Number of points declines

I have observed that number of points have gone down to some hundred points. Mostly i have uploaded photos. Is there any specific policy about photos? Is it because of old photos that I had posted? Is it because of duplicate photos?

Please some body answer.

Level 10

Re: Number of points declines

@ProfArunCM wrote:

I have observed that number of points have gone down to some hundred points. Mostly i have uploaded photos. Is there any specific policy about photos? Is it because of old photos that I had posted? Is it because of duplicate photos?

Please some body answer.

Hi Prof, many are experiencing loss in view count. I think some job is running these days to update the counts. Maybe some duplicate photos have been discharged, and others reported.

Please, check your contribute profile in an anonymous browser window to check how many photos are public.

Level 10

Thanks Dear @LucioV

@LucioV wrote:

@ProfArunCM wrote:

Please some body answer.

Hi Prof, many are experiencing loss in view count. I think some job is running these days to update the counts. Maybe some duplicate photos have been discharged, and others reported.

Please, check your contribute profile in an anonymous browser window to check how many photos are public.

Level 9

Same here @ProfArunCM , it's look as @LucioV said due to updating and duplicate photos 🙂

Level 8

In my opinion sir, they definitely changed there policy towards photos uploads as for know on more than one photo can also give us score, means if a person put approx 50 pics of one place he/she got 250 points.

So it can be there acceptance policy that has been modified @ProfArunCM

@LucioV

Level 10

Thanks for the tip, @LucioV

Although I don't know about view count adjustments (my view count has been frozen/unchanged for the past 4 days), checking my photo contributions in an anonymous browser and comparing to my signed-in browser showed that I had more than a hundred fewer public photos than I thought. It appears that the photos rendered non-public are those that either:

• Look similar or almost identical to others I have posted, or
  • Are of businesses that have been officially claimed and are only allowing their own approved photos to appear

I'm not sure if those exclusion practices have always been in place, since this is the first time I've done a side by side comparison between my signed-in stats check and an anonymous check. The summary pop-up windows have identical points/stats counts in both browsers, so it doesn't appear that public/non-public photo status is affecting the points count, at least in my case right now.

Signed in on Chrome:

signedinchrome.jpeg

Anonymous on Firefox:

anonymousfirefox.jpeg

I have noticed some ongoing weirdness with my photo counts over the past few days, so I think @LucioV and @mhjn are right about there being policy changes in the works.

Level 10

Just a quick addition @MattGatlin, this sentence:"

• Are of businesses that have been officially claimed and are only allowing their own approved photos to appear"

Is not true at all 🙂

As a multiple MyBusiness manager, i can ensure you that I don't have control on what the users are publishing on the business entries i manage; if i want a photo to be removed i have to report it as a normal user. Eventually, a claimed business has a manager that is more keen to ask for inappropriate photos removal 😉

Level 10

Thanks for the clarification @LucioV. I was assuming this was a reason for excluding a photo from public view, since it seems to have happened to a few of my photo postings, and the the only publicly available photos were all posted by the business owner. Guess I'm just paranoid...

@LucioV wrote:

Just a quick addition @MattGatlin, this sentence:"

• Are of businesses that have been officially claimed and are only allowing their own approved photos to appear"

Is not true at all 🙂

As a multiple MyBusiness manager, i can ensure you that I don't have control on what the users are publishing on the business entries i manage; if i want a photo to be removed i have to report it as a normal user. Eventually, a claimed business has a manager that is more keen to ask for inappropriate photos removal 😉