RAMAKRISHNANN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Location Name update in local language

There are lot of features are updated in google map, especially the local languages for each places. but many of the names are translated wrongly. we need to update the correct name for the same. is there any way to update those names which is wrongly translated in local languages. 

rk_root
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
12 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: Location Name update in local language

@RAMAKRISHNANN

I recommend you visit once in a week to "check the facts" section

Have you ever tried to change the language?

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.

View solution in original post

Level 9
Solution

@RAMAKRISHNANN

I recommend you visit once in a week to "check the facts" section

Have you ever tried to change the language?

Level 8

Thank you @deepakjhic I'll try "check the facts" option

I didn't changed any language but if you visit any location both the english and local language will be available in the map.

rk_root
Level 7

@deepakjhic 

"Check the facts section" will give the list of tasks that has to be approved.Here the question is changing a place / village / town name in a local language.Because Google maps is publishing wrong name of a village name in the local language.

My village name is gollapalli and in telugu is should be as "గొల్లపల్లి" and in maps it was published as "గోళలపాలి  "

Level 8

If you want to directly edit the Place Name in a specific language, I hope my featured post at the "How do I" board can help you:

To enter Place Name in Multiple Languages

Level 9

@mannoj wrote:

@deepakjhic 

"Check the facts section" will give the list of tasks that has to be approved.Here the question is changing a place / village / town name in a local language.Because Google maps is publishing wrong name of a village name in the local language.

My village name is gollapalli and in telugu is should be as "గొల్లపల్లి" and in maps it was published as "గోళలపాలి  "

Hey @mannoj,

Thank you so much for tagging me here on this post. 

Well first off all double check my reply.

For more/ detailed explanation plz refer to the instructions /link provided by @YK1001.

Also plz double check your reply. Check the facts section will never show you only the edits has to be approve. 

Best Regards 

Level 7

@deepakjhic @YK1001 

Here place name is not creating a problem.Yes a place name can be updated.The problem is with the name of the village / town / city ... Because google maps itself is translating the place name in local language as per the name which is in english and google maps is not giving any opportunity to rename / update the name i.e., village / town / city

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/Gollapali,+Andhra+Pradesh+521111/@16.7256386,80.9004291,15z/data...

You can see the village name "Gollapali" it should be renamed as "Gollapalli" and the local language i.e., telugu language should be as గొల్లపల్లి here in maps it published as గోళలపాలి . How to edit the village name.There is no option available currently.Do refer any source if it is possible  

Level 8

Hi @mannoj,

Please be noted that some places are not open for LGs editing.  Pollitical Boundaries like Country / State / City / Village, etc is one of the group.

If you find anything wrong include Wrong Name, Wrong Location, Wrong Translation, Missing, etc.  Please use the Send a Feedback in Maps to report them.

That's all we can do as a Local Guide.

Level 7

Hi @YK1001

Thank you very Much for responding.Yes i sent feedback giving the exact information about renaming the village name.will have to wait for the mail from google maps to know what happens because there are a lot of names that are spelled wrong in our local south indian language i.e., telugu.

By this i can know whether it is possible to update a village / city / town name in local language

Level 8

Please do let us know when Google updates the Maps according to your suggestions.