Semmy-de-Nada's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Just adding a street sign on Google Maps

Any tips anyone?

I tried to add a Street sign of a street that is not in Google Street view as I was not able to take a 360 camera shot
while I was at the place because my camera had no battery, I took a picture with the regular phone. While I tried to

create a place with the Stree name (that might be the reason for not being accepted?), it got rejected.

Is there a proper way to add street sign pictures?

Quirky storyteller and traveling crime novel writer. GLBTQ+ come follow me and check www.semmy.eu
1 comment

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Level 9
Solution

Re: Just adding a street sign on Google Maps

@semmyc wrote:

I tried to create a place with the Stree name (that might be the reason for not being accepted?), it got rejected. Is there a proper way to add street sign pictures?

You can add 360 photos directly to the map via the Street View app but flat photos must be associated with a place listing. As streets aren't mapped as places there's nothing to add a photo to. Trying to create a place just so there's a listing to hang a photo off will either lead to an immediate denial or a later deletion of the place and the photo. 

View solution in original post

Level 9
Level 9
Solution

Re: Just adding a street sign on Google Maps

@semmyc wrote:

I tried to create a place with the Stree name (that might be the reason for not being accepted?), it got rejected. Is there a proper way to add street sign pictures?

You can add 360 photos directly to the map via the Street View app but flat photos must be associated with a place listing. As streets aren't mapped as places there's nothing to add a photo to. Trying to create a place just so there's a listing to hang a photo off will either lead to an immediate denial or a later deletion of the place and the photo.