Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to request updated StreetView imagery?

Most of the imagery in my area is over 6 years old and a lot of things have changed since then.  

For example, this business - https://goo.gl/maps/WXQvPDEcGT42 has moved, but I can not get Google Maps to accept my edit for the location of the new premises. 

There are also tourist type places which would be nice to have Streetview style imagery.  Have you considered approaching the National Trust, local councils etc about adding their facilities to the map?

Fermanagh, United Kingdom
8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Is it possible to request updated StreetView imagery?

Hello,

Unfortunately there is no such option.  Google prioritizes Streetview imagery using other indicators.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Level 3

Is there any possibility at all to request (or invite or suggest) the Google Streetview Camara CarTeam to revisit certain villages? Villages that have horribly outdated imagery with also stitching errors, resulting in the effect that moving a little bit onwards takes you to a totally different place.

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello,

Unfortunately there is no such option.  Google prioritizes Streetview imagery using other indicators.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 3

Hi Flash,
Thanx for your comment. It's clear (sadly).
Adjacent question: Is there any possibility to "reconnect" Streetview imagery of a moved place on the map? Or does it just take some time for some or other database related engine to update the coordinates with existing Streetview imagery?
(44.0705856,7.2532959,19)
grtz
Sjef

Connect Moderator

I believe the answer is going to be no, but to see what you're seeing we're going to need the full URL and a description of the issue.

Level 10

@Anonymous wrote:

Most of the imagery in my area is over 6 years old and a lot of things have changed since then.  

For example, this business - https://goo.gl/maps/WXQvPDEcGT42 has moved, but I can not get Google Maps to accept my edit for the location of the new premises. 

There are also tourist type places which would be nice to have Streetview style imagery.  Have you considered approaching the National Trust, local councils etc about adding their facilities to the map?

Hi, to know the plans for Google Car, you can refer to this page: https://www.google.com/streetview/understand/

You can also try to create your own street view.

Level 3

Hi Flash,
A simple one is in the French village Saint-Martin-Vésubie, where several 'places' haven been positioned in the middle of the town square, where off course they don't belong.
One is "Societe Vesubienne de Materiaux - SVM" at 44.0702373,7.254286,18 which I replaced to this position. But it still has connected to it, the Streetview imagery of the town square, while correct imagery is available at 44.0707032,7.2540242. So I would like to update this...
Can I ?

Level 10

@SjefV wrote:

Is there any possibility at all to request (or invite or suggest) the Google Streetview Camara CarTeam to revisit certain villages? Villages that have horribly outdated imagery with also stitching errors, resulting in the effect that moving a little bit onwards takes you to a totally different place.

Hi, as I wrote, there is the opportunity for Local Guides to integrate and, eventually, replace, the old SV imagery using SV program, SV App and 360 cameras.

To learn more, please, look here: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Another-day-in-a-Local-Guide-Life-Mapping-C...

Also, during the last SVT Summit in Tokyo the new program SV Car ready was presented, and within this program we will be able to direct replace road SV.

Connect Moderator

The issue you are encountering is not that the SV is outdated, but rather that when a POI is repositioned the linked SV in the description has not updated.

How long ago did you move the POI?  Normally such updates can take a few days to weeks.