PrinceN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

International Reviews

Google is the number one leading company in cartography. They are making it much better with the ability for us to rate, review, add and correct places on the World Map. I have reviewed a number of places and its still rising. What I don't get is the reason why I reviewed a place not in the US,  and I did not receive any points. What do you guys think? Is the word "local" in local guide just  a limitation to ones country? Do companies on google maps have power to moderate the points we receive on the local guide point gauge? One more question, do you think Virtual Reality tours really count as a contribution?

Would love some long replies addressing the 3 questions.

1 comment
Level 10

Re: International Reviews

@PrinceN wrote:

What I don't get is the reason why I reviewed a place not in the US,  and I did not receive any points. What do you guys think? Is the word "local" in local guide just  a limitation to ones country? Do companies on google maps have power to moderate the points we receive on the local guide point gauge?

Hi Prince, I think you are wrong, also the review posted about foreign places are remunerated. I did review around Europe and all of them were posted and gave me points.

I don't think that companies on Gmaps would moderate our points, I think most of them don't know the local guide group...