jamescridland's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Incorrectly-drawn road outside property causing an un-necessary 4-minute detour - how can I fix it?

I live near Brisbane QLD, Australia. The road outside our home is drawn incorrectly as a split one-way street, and Google Maps navigation forces every visitor on a 4-minute detour round a narrow residential street which isn't required.

I've reported this through Google Maps on both mobile and desktop regularly for the last two years. In my report, I link to two images of the problem to ensure my report is really clear. I know (because I've seen people look at these photos) that my reports have been seen; but the fault remains on the map.

Because it's my home, I'm reluctant to share the report here for the whole internet to see in perpetuity, but I'd be really grateful to hear how I might be able to correctly report this so that the fault is fixed. (I could have done it myself on Google MapMaker, and made thousands of corrections on that platform in the past).

• How can I report this so that a map editor can make the changes? It's clear that reporting it through the app or through desktop doesn't get actioned.
  • I'm very happy to share the exact problem location (in Brisbane QLD, Australia) with anyone on email - https://james.cridland.net/contacting_me/ will find me. (I hope the reasons why I'm not publishing them are clear).
Bardon, Queensland, Australia
6 comments
Level 10

Re: Incorrectly-drawn road outside property causing an un-necessary 4-minute detour - how can I fix

Hi @jamescridland, unfortunately this is the right procedure, but the update queue is quite long, and you could expect several month before your edit being applied.

I agree with you, and we miss MapMaker.

P.S. remove your email address from the post, LG team don't want users to share sensitive data in connect 😉

Level 7

Re: Incorrectly-drawn road outside property causing an un-necessary 4-minute detour - how can I fix

Thanks for the response, Lucio.

I've so far waited well over 15 months for this issue to be fixed; and report it every few months. I'm not very confident that it is even in a queue; or if it is, perhaps Google are unable to re-draw roads in Australia.

Thanks for the advice on my email. My given email address, [at https://james.cridland.net/contacting_me/ ], is public (it's not my private one), and I am posting from my real name. I'd be really keen for someone from Google to contact me and help fix this issue, hence why I've posted it - and I hope that the team allow me to keep it here. Google Maps is an Australian product, so I'd hope an Australian might assist with fixing an Australian data issue!

Level 10

Hi @jamescridland Google Maps is an Australian product? I knew some former PM like Luc Vincent, but never knew about this view of the story.

I will ask @GusMoreira if he can contact you privately for this issue.

Level 7

Hey, @LucioV - yep, Google Maps was created in Sydney. Here's a bit of history.

I'm British, so I'm not mentioning it out of patriotic duty!

Connect Moderator

Hello @jamescridland,

The posting of email addresses on Connect is not permitted, please edit your response to remove it.

If you can private message me the information including the location and what exactly you have requested in your past requests, I'll either advise you what you need to change or I will escalate it if appropriate.

Please be aware that due to volume I do not respond to private messages that are unsolicited, thus when you do send it to me please also post here so that I know to go looking for it.  So that others might be educated I'll post responses here in which I won't reveal your private information, only PMing you if more information is needed.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

Thanks, Flash. I've sent you a private message.

The rules state that I may not "distribute your own or other people’s personal and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, confidential national ID numbers, or account passwords, without explicit permission." - my email address is clearly not "personal and confidential" like the examples given. I'm always keen to work within the rules, and I believe I have done so in this case.

But, if it's important to you, you - and anyone else who wants it - will find my email address and mobile phone number at https://james.cridland.net/contacting_me/ instead; and I'll go and remove the email address from the posts above.