AaronA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Improving maps across different floors

Living in Taiwan, we see a lot of buildings that are three or four stories high and have a different business on every floor. Of course these businesses share the same address. But it is very difficult to place them on the map and identify exactly where they are.  

Also, our buildings are very tall but narrow which means that there are often many businesses packed into a very small amount of space. I find it difficult to play spoons incorrect spots or to move pins which have somehow migrated into the wrong spot. I hope this aspect can be improved.

1 comment
Level 8

Re: Improving maps across different floors

Hi @AaronA,

Yes, I also find it difficult to identify Businesses that are not at the Ground Level (That's what we called 1F in Taiwan).  I find when there is no Floor (or Level) included in the address, it defaults to mean 1F.

When I see Business not on 1F in the building, I will edit their address to include the correct floor whenever I can confirm.

Regarding the place of PIN (place markers), I will just put them withing the building they are in.  

As long as the Business can be find by Name search or Address search, with the correct PIN location, Maps can guide people to the correct Business without issues.