moqimalam's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

I need help

I need help.

I am adding some missing place in google maps with correct information about that place. I can see the place from my device in google maps but I doesn't appear when I check from others device.

Why ? Its not showing to others 

India
5 comments
Level 5

Re: I need help

Try to do it again , search the location and click add missing place and then do it drag and drop 

Connect Moderator

Hi @moqimalam I understand you've added places but other people cannot see them. Firstly, check under the contributions tab in the app and look under "Edits" - do they say "Applied", "Pending" or "Not Applied". If they say "Applied" then the edit has been approved. It can take 24 to 48 hours normally before other people can see the entry you've added. If it says "Pending" then it means it is in a review queue. Other Local Guides can review and ok the edit or Googlers will do it. If it says "Not Applied" then the edit has been rejected (lots of reasons why this might happen).

You're welcome to post links of places you've added if you'd like me to look at them.

Regards Paul

Level 7

Am getting the notification of the place in mails that the place has been publish to google maps. 

If am checking that place from other device its not showing any place their but if am tapping that place then the name paper of that place 

Why? Can u help me 

Connect Moderator

Hello @akmal250,

Please be aware that the Location feature is to mark the location of the subject of the thread. It is not intended to mark the location of people participating in the thread. In this case, since the author of the thread has posted about the place in which he's having trouble seeing his contributions, that is the only place that should be marked on the map.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Connect Moderator

Hello @moqimalam,

From your description, this feature's place label displays when it is searched.  You are asking why it does not have a permanently displaying place label.

There is too many items on the map for them all to get a place label that always displays, so algorithms are used to figure out what to display based on what the user is likely seeking. There are many other features that are also not showing; you just do not realize because you cannot see them. There is no way to influence this, other than making the feature as accurate as possible.

But it really shouldn't be a problem; people don't randomly scroll around the map looking for a plumber, a church, a dentist, a tire shop, etc; but rather they search. When somene searches for the type of establishment you have mapped then it will appear in the results, so everything is working fine.

When someone enters no search terms at all or search terms unrelated to this feature, Google has determined that they are almost certainly not looking for this feature and thus it is safe not to show it. You should be aware that the algorithms constantly are re-run, so it may get an always visible place label; but then it might later again disappear.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages