wasconet's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

I can’t update address [what you entered is not valid]

When I was trying to create this place, after selecting the place on the marker it comes with a default address, when I changed it I got the error ‘what you entered is not valid’ I had to leave the default address now the place has been approved I need the real address on, but still it will not allow me update it.F1D894EA-F63C-434B-AEE4-94EA8C186C77.png

9A9A08AE-CB7C-4948-AC2E-A33484CDC356.png

8313F9F9-B8E0-4F06-AB60-41FF06519980.png

5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: I can’t update address [what you entered is not valid]

Hello @wasconet,

The addresses Google is seeking are the actual physical address; not a description of the place.  "Mobile Filling Station Samonda" is another business, not an address.

In addition, descriptors such as "Shop", "Unit", "Apartment", etc. a not permitted.

What Google seeks is a street number and street name, such as "123 Main Street".  If there is a shop number it would then be added as a number only at the beginning, such as "9 123 Main Street".

If you area does not use street numbers or street names then they can be left out of the address, but you cannot then substitute a description.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Level 8

Hi @wasconet, if you face this same issue several times. Then you should submit the place creation with default address. When google maps couldn't find the vaild address around in nearby. Then it's show this error.

Hope you can understand.

Regards,

- Al Naiem

Level 4

Thanks for your input, although this place creation has already been approved with the default address, now I want to edit and put the correct address 

Level 8

I'm sorry for my mistake.

@wasconet wrote:

Thanks for your input, although this place creation has already been approved with the default address, now I want to edit and put the correct address 

You can't add your desired address untill calim the business.

Level 4

thanks

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello @wasconet,

The addresses Google is seeking are the actual physical address; not a description of the place.  "Mobile Filling Station Samonda" is another business, not an address.

In addition, descriptors such as "Shop", "Unit", "Apartment", etc. a not permitted.

What Google seeks is a street number and street name, such as "123 Main Street".  If there is a shop number it would then be added as a number only at the beginning, such as "9 123 Main Street".

If you area does not use street numbers or street names then they can be left out of the address, but you cannot then substitute a description.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages