KULDIPS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

How to write Road name in Address field

Hi, to all local guide team

I have a question that I could not find in any discussion. It will be very helpful if anybody will answer my question.

While editing/ correcting the address of any place, if I have to change the road name then inside that field name how it should be written? It should be written as "XXX Road" or "XXX Rd". 

I hope I could convey what I wanted to ask the community.

Waiting for the responses.

Thanks

KULDIP 'SUMAN'

6 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: How to write Road name in Address field

Hello @KULDIPS, usually when you start typing the name of the road there should pop up a suggested name. Then you can click that to make sure the correct name is used.

But do pay attention to a commonly made mistake with house number/postal code confusion - see this post I wrote about that:

Best Practice: Adding places without house number
https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Best-Practice-Adding-places-without-house-n...

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Connect Moderator

Hi, @KULDIPS

questions related to "editing in Google Maps" should be addressed to Mapping Your World board, in which I am moving your post.

Please take note of the useful indications given by @JanVanHaver

Ermes

Level 9

Thanks @JanVanHaver for the prompt reply. I went through your articles of Best Practices series and they were very informative. Unfortunately I did not find my answer in any of your article. May be its a bad day for me. Anyways thanks for your response.

Connect Moderator

In the case you mention, I would always use 'Road' as there is no real reason not to use the full word (I think most abbreviations date back from the time when storage was a problem).

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 9

Thanks @ErmesT for moving my post to the correct place. But still I did not find my answer. 

Let me try again, this time I will use an example.

1.JPG2.jpg

The first photo is the place I want to edit. "Torrent Bajaj" in the name of the feature. In the first photo you can see in the address field there is written

"Mahatma Gandhi Main Rd" that I wanted to correct. I want to change that "Rd" to "Road". and If I am doing so (in 2nd photo) you will see there is no pop up or any suggestion. @ErmesT can you advice me what is correct according to the Google's standard.

Thanks

KULDIP 'SUMAN'

Level 9

Hello @KULDIPS,

I don't why you want to change the address of this POI? 

Road =Rd?

What is the difference between both words?

Okay you want to change this? 

This is a claimed business and changing address not an easy task in claimed POI.

Keep us posted 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.