YK1001's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How to report a closed road segment as re-open?

We have option to mark a road as closed in Send Feedback.  But it seems the option to report a re-open is not there.

What should be done to report as re-open?

5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 7
Solution

Re: How to report a closed road segment as re-open?

If u r using android phone , update maps to  latest version. And then pull the bar on the left , then click "traffic" option. No u can see the closed road as red dotted lines as on image -> 20170609_235953.png

Now click that road and then select "Report Road reopend". Thats it. ☺.

Hope this is helpful. !

View solution in original post

Level 7
Solution

If u r using android phone , update maps to  latest version. And then pull the bar on the left , then click "traffic" option. No u can see the closed road as red dotted lines as on image -> 20170609_235953.png

Now click that road and then select "Report Road reopend". Thats it. ☺.

Hope this is helpful. !

Level 7

I think the best proces is https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3094088?hl=en

DO NOT check the box next to "Is Closed",  but add a text "note" that says something like, "This road is no longer closed.  Please show it as open to traffic"

Level 8

Hi @LogeshKumar,

Thank you very much for sharing this method!  I am not aware of this in Android Maps.

As cross checked with Desktop Maps, this option is not there.  (That's why I am asking!)  For Desktop Maps, I agree @sputnikjim 's method will be the way to do it.

Anyone can confirm if the same option is available in iOS Maps?

Level 7

@YK1001, I found that area in GMaps:  https://www.google.com/maps/place/Thadicombu+Rd,+Chennamanayakkanpatti,+Dindigul,+Tamil+Nadu+624001,...

There are no closed roads visible.  Also the main highways, 44 and 83, look different in GMaps than they do in the screenshot by @LogeshKumar. So, which app is he using?

Level 8

@sputnikjim,

From the Maps menu, please select show traffic.

Then you will see the Stop sign shown.