Did you mean: 
Level 7

How to post 3d on Google earth?

How can I post 3d view on Google earth

Haryana, India
3 comments
Level 10

Re: How to post 3d on Google earth?

Hi @Pankajsaini, Google acquired SketchUp from @LastSoftware in 2006 to make it a free tool for everyone to populate GE with 3D buildings. 

Ever since doing this manually has been deprecated and in 2012, Google sold SketchUp to Trimble. Now 3D data is made automatically from oblique imagery taken from different angles of the area. This means there is no way we, local guides can contribute by any means. 

While Google still accepts vector data from its partners,  3D vector data (with the imagery) is not something we can provide and 3D data would only appear as the building outlines on the base maps.

Level 7

You mean they are all imaginary ..And not the actual figure. Can't we,local guide improve them?

Connect Moderator

It is not imaginary, but rather it is computer constructed using ortho (straight down) and oblique (angled) photos.  Using a combination of these Google can mass produce very accurate 3D imagery.

As @Csaba stated, there is no way to change them.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages