Andréas_S_Eriksson's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

How to get rid of tons of wrong pictures

I have been checking places in my town for pictures that are not of that specific place and I have come across a LG level 10 that have been uploading 100-150 pictures that are completely wrong. I have been reporting some 20-30 of these but there are so much of them. Is there a way to mass report them? Can I tell the user direct to take them down? Can I report the user?
It feels wrong that someone in level 10 are acting like this. 

Andréas S. Eriksson
Sweden
9 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: How to get rid of tons of wrong pictures

Hello,

I'll tag @BruceDM here, and then he or another Googler will contact you directly to get the information from you.

Thanks for the report and the discretion!

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Former Google Contributor

Thanks @Flash - @Andréas_S_Eriksson I will send a private message on how to report Local Guides.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 6

Somewhat related:

If a Guide is posting a bunch of irrelevant photos, and their entries are being "reported" by different local guides all the time, does that user algorithmically get "flagged" for the moderators to review?

Level 9

Svar: How to get rid of tons of wrong pictures

The stupidity continues and the same user has uploaded more than 50 new pictures to one of the hotels in my hometown. All of them are from wrong places.
I have reported this user to LG admins bit nothing have happened. This user has gained over 3000 points since I reported him the first time. How to stop this madness? I myself upload lots of pictures but they are always ALWAYS on the place I am visiting or passing by, never from other places. I keep reporting these wrong pictures but after a while the reCAPTCHA starts to get slow to work with, asking me to point out cars and such on pictures.

This is wrong. This sends the message that one can do whatever and nothings happens. Soon more and more starts sharing pictures in this way and that would be really bad for Google, LG´s and everyone using Maps.
What to do? Report again? Send one more mail to LG admins? Start behaving the same?
@BruceDM @Flash

Andréas S. Eriksson

Re: Svar: How to get rid of tons of wrong pictures

@Andréas_S_Eriksson

I'll send you some instructions on how to report a Local Guide or content on Google Maps

Level 7

Usually I see a few photos that are out of place and I just report them if they are... but in this case, I can understand. My question to Google MapMaker/LocalGuides is what sort of mechanisms are in place to prevent mass uploads of photos that are not even correct?

Level 9

@BruceDM I have already sent in a report like this and I have read the piece on how to report a LG.
I can send another mail on this but will that do any difference?

Andréas S. Eriksson
Connect Moderator

@Davidd418, there are mechanisms in place; and that is as specific as will ever be published as explaining the mechanisms also helps explain how one might attempt to get around them.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Hi @Andréas_S_Eriksson,

I thank you for flagging the content on Google Maps and sharing your observations via report is the next best thing.  We don't have a method for Google Maps users to specifically contact another user and ask them to take the pictures down.  Often times in these situations, the person uploading photos is simply unaware of Google Maps policy and does not realize that the content shared may come across as spammy or inappropriate. With your reports, we can determine next steps if any but please be advised that this can often take time and that we are unable to share the results of any investigation.