AtoBrown's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How to correct wrongly labeled places

There is a place on the map, actually where I grew up that has been labeled wrongly with the name of a village that before it. How do I fix this?

2 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: How to correct wrongly labeled places

Hi @AtoBrown,

Welcome to Connect!!

I'm afraid that this option is not available, but what you can do in this case is to Report an Error on Google Maps. Please bear in mind that the edit may take time to get approved.

Since you are new to the community, I suggest you review the Program Rules as well as Tips: Using Local Guides Connect for better understanding on the use of the community and to make the best use of your time here. As an extra tip, I would suggest you to search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed. Bear in mind that posting of a business, brands and organizations is not allowed here on Connect.

Best,

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

Re: How to correct wrongly labeled places

The support page with the title, "Report an error on the map" explains how to report errors in the road network, not errors with places of interest.

The correct page for reporting errors with places on Google Maps is titled, "Suggest edits to a place or flag it for removal".  The page link (URL) for Android users is:

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/7084895?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&oco=1