neavilag's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: How to become a Map Maker Regional Lead in my country?

Dear @iyudhi,

As a mapmaker one can only add business as points with some information and pictures but we can seem to draw building shapes or road shapes as we could before which i assume we can or upload appropriate file on google map so that user can get more and precise  information from the map.

In my country(Bhutan) there are lots of errors (in mapping) and there are lots of roads and other important land mark features I feel that shoudl be updated on map so that it can help people using google map which is the most popular mapping application.

Level 8

@RulingG,

The main discussion regarding the Mapmaker graduation into Maps is happening at Mapmaker Forum:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/map-maker/83dynleHtQA

As it is Google, there is no pre-announce how the Review / Approval process will be for edits to the base Maps (like Roads).  Other than Road edit feature will be available in Maps, no details are given.

Let's wait and see.

Level 5

Thanks for sharing @iyudhi @neavilag @AmaniM @YK1001 @RulingG

@IvanY wrote:

Per the article I referenced above, there's no MapMaker program (therefore no Regional Lead) for Lebanon:

Bangladesh
Belarus
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Brazil
Cambodia
Canada
Costa Rica
Croatia
Czech Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Denmark
Egypt
El Salvador
Estonia
France
Georgia
Germany
Hungary
India
Iran
Iraq
Italy
Kazakhstan
Kuwait
Macedonia
Malaysia
Mexico
Moldova
Morocco
Nepal
Netherlands
New Zealand
Nigeria
Pakistan
Panama

Level 8

Good idea 

Connect Moderator

Hi @skdash44 thanks for your contribution. This thread closed a couple of years ago and generally it isn't useful to wake them up again. The Map Maker program is closed and Regional Leads no longer exist. Many of the Map Maker functions are today available from within the Google Maps app itself.

Regards Paul

Level 8

Generally I need more ideas on this. So I required the first trick 

Level 10

Hi @skdash44

The main idea is that THIS PROGRAM IS CLOSED. There are no more Regional Leads. Map Maker is closed by Google.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL