VijayT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

How to become a Map Maker Regional Lead in my country?

like to add new places on google map

New Delhi, Delhi, India
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: How to become a Map Maker Regional Lead in my country?

Hi @VijayT,

You don't have to be Regional Lead to do Map edits including Add missing Places. 

If you use "Regional Lead" in "Search the Community", you will see related prior discussion.

Naturally, I would like to point to this which my reply is accepted as answer.

Currently, Google use their internal process to invite Mappers to become RL.

While MapMaker was re-opened around Aug 2015, Google did publicly invite Mapper to apply for RL.  There is no active invite at the moment.

If you start use Mapmaker for a while, the tool will prompt you to apply to become a RL.  That message is no more valid - I wonder why Google did not correct that message.

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

Hi @VijayT,

You don't have to be Regional Lead to do Map edits including Add missing Places. 

If you use "Regional Lead" in "Search the Community", you will see related prior discussion.

Naturally, I would like to point to this which my reply is accepted as answer.

Currently, Google use their internal process to invite Mappers to become RL.

While MapMaker was re-opened around Aug 2015, Google did publicly invite Mapper to apply for RL.  There is no active invite at the moment.

If you start use Mapmaker for a while, the tool will prompt you to apply to become a RL.  That message is no more valid - I wonder why Google did not correct that message.

Level 10

Насколько я знаю, сейчас нельзя отправлять заявку, потому что Google их не принемает. Сейчас надо просто вносить изменения и ждать приглашения от Google. Вот и всё.

Efimov Pavel
Level 10

@VijayT

Google has stopped accepting applications for Regional Leads program until further notice.

Please keep adding High quality edits to Google Maps through Map Maker. If Google thinks you fulfill to criteria for this program and Regional Leads are required in your region, they will contact you directly.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 10

Ага, я про это же.

Efimov Pavel
Level 8

Greetings, 

check this link also about the Google Map Maker program will be retired in March 2017. So you can work with your regular Local Guides Status and Add, update and Edit informations on Google Maps.

https://support.google.com/mapmaker/answer/7195127