cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How to add two names

How to 2017-08-16-19-19-44-613.jpg

2017-08-16-19-19-08-918.jpg

I wrote the name of a school in my language sinhala..but I couldn't find any option or any way to write the name in two lines.. my edit is shown in one line.. how I can make it two lines? @

6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: How to add two names

Hi @ChathuraL 

1.  Open your web browser and go to Google Maps.

2.  Open the one of the place you want to edit.

3.  Do a suggest edit to see what languages of Name is already there. andy ou can change the preferred language to enable this new field.

- If you want to know what the existing name's language is, just clear out the name, and Maps will display the language in grey text inside the text box

Change the LanguageChange the Language

I hope you will find these tips useful.

View solution in original post

Level 9

Hey @ChathuraL,

Have you tried changing language in your cell phone's app or In PC? 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 9
Solution

Hi @ChathuraL 

1.  Open your web browser and go to Google Maps.

2.  Open the one of the place you want to edit.

3.  Do a suggest edit to see what languages of Name is already there. andy ou can change the preferred language to enable this new field.

- If you want to know what the existing name's language is, just clear out the name, and Maps will display the language in grey text inside the text box

Change the LanguageChange the Language

I hope you will find these tips useful.

Level 8

Hai @ChathuraL  

There is no option in Google Maps to enter the  name of a place different language  in two lines(as you described)

You can enter the name in three ways

1.  Use only local language

2.  Use only English

3.  Use <Local>"space"<English>, or <English>"space"<Local>

The feature denoted in your second screenshot might available in mapmaker.

Level 10

@arjunsbmp That is not quite true. The ability to add languages (other than English) depends on your Google profile. If you set your user account (Under My Account -> Account Preferences -> Language & Input Tools) to have multiple languages options, you can add place names in other languages when Google deems necessary.

@ChathuraL The reason why I say "deems necessary" is because some places Google will not let you have names in other languages.

Level 8

@WetCoastCanuck thanks for the information,I have read a content that saying two languages in two lines is not (as in picture 2)possible on map, that's why I replied like above.he denoted representing names in multiple languages in two methods( pic 1&2)

Level 8