Den1998's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

How to add missing buildings to the map ?

I am improving the map of my city day by day, but the problem is that I can not add the building number. Can I somehow draw a building or somehow mark them on a map? Many missing buildings on the map. Also about numbers, how can I add building numbers?img-2017-12-15-13-17-16.png

I apologize in advance for my English, I use the translate.

Гянджа, Азербайджан
19 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: How to add missing buildings to the map ?

Hello @Den1998

The option to add polygons was turned off several years ago due to abuse.  Most buildings polygons are added when Google's bots scan the latest aerials and detect a building.

Buildings do not get numbers on the map, but rather hidden address markers are added.  This was a option in Map Maker, a tool retired at the beginning of the year.  We hope to see it added to Maps soon, but adding an address is not possible at this time.

Your English is quite good, but please do not feel you must use it.  Feel free to write in whichever language you prefer, there are built in translation features in the forum.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello @Den1998

The option to add polygons was turned off several years ago due to abuse.  Most buildings polygons are added when Google's bots scan the latest aerials and detect a building.

Buildings do not get numbers on the map, but rather hidden address markers are added.  This was a option in Map Maker, a tool retired at the beginning of the year.  We hope to see it added to Maps soon, but adding an address is not possible at this time.

Your English is quite good, but please do not feel you must use it.  Feel free to write in whichever language you prefer, there are built in translation features in the forum.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 6

Спасибо большое за подробную информацию! Не знал, что всё убрали! Спасибо ещё раз!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent answer

Level 6

MiroslavP написано:

Excellent answer

I just haven't found similar topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are a lot of topics to talk about for the first time and this is exactly a place for that kind of talk.

Level 6

Suggest new buildings

How do I suggest two new buildings to be added to Google Maps so that the correct identification markets can be placed?

Connect Moderator

Re: Suggest new buildings

Hello @Jason-N,

As this is a frequently asked question, I will merge it with one of the existing threads.  Please consult it for the answer.  Please also note that adding features on the map and the buildings they are within are separate, thus it is not necessary to have a building visually represented on the map in order to add any other features.

Level 6

Guess because I'm a visual person, when I don't see the wonderful little polygon, I want to get it fixed. 😉

So I'll just wait for the bots to do their thing. 

Level 2

Hi. Friend. to update missing Building go to Google Street View and update Map option. From your device.