ShivamkumarB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How to add intersection name on map

How to add  intersection name. Because when anyone asks any address,we tells us with the name of intersections name to turn right left or go straight

21 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: How to add intersection name on map

Intersection naming was removed from as it is unnecessary.

If someone is using Maps to navigate to your house then they will be given the turns step-by-step without need for the intersection to be named.

This applies to all landmarks that exist largely for navigation purposes; they too most likely should not be mapped.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

@ShivamkumarB hi 

welcome to local guides connect or thanks for your posting ..

Intersection adding feature is not supported on maps,This feature u can see or add only on map maker ...

Google maps supported to show all road junction or station on maps ....

or this feature is added by only Google ... 

If u have to add any intersection or Junction i suggest u to send a Feedback report to maps team .. 

I think this info help u ...

Level 9
Level 9

@MD ShafiulB wrote:

Intersection adding feature is not supported on maps,This feature u can see or add only on map maker ...

The OP isn't asking how to add an intersection but how to name one. You wouldn't normally name an intersection, you would name the roads that feed into it

Level 1

Creio que seja isso mesmo 

@ShivaM kumarB wrote:

How to add  intersection name. Because when anyone asks any address,we tells us with the name of intersections name to turn right left or go straight

@ShivaM kumarB wrote:

Connect Moderator
Solution

Intersection naming was removed from as it is unnecessary.

If someone is using Maps to navigate to your house then they will be given the turns step-by-step without need for the intersection to be named.

This applies to all landmarks that exist largely for navigation purposes; they too most likely should not be mapped.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 2

I disagree about intersections being deemed unnecessary.  There have been MANY occasions when Google has no PlaceID for a location and latitude and longitude information is insufficient.  Providing PlaceIDs for intersections and enabling the naming of intersections is entirely useful.  For instance a piece of street art has no identifying PlaceID or marker, but it is at the corner of an intersection.  That intersection is notably the Place.   Likewise, farmers markets that occur only certain days of the week and rotate but do not have permanent Places are easily identified at or between street intersections.  I think identifying intersections is essential and notably intuitive to how some people use maps.  

As for naming an intersection, I have not done so.  But you can search for intersections.  For instance:

intersection: hollywood and la brea

this returns - 

Hollywood Blvd & N La Brea Ave

Los Angeles, CA 90046

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 3.42.39 PM.png

Connect Moderator

In those cases the art or the farmer's market is what should be mapped.

Level 8

What about a notable intersection - where something happened or where there is a piece of art that ISN'T connected / associated with the building nearest it?

In New York, there are several such cross roads.

Can they be added in any way?

Level 7

@suzQ wrote:

What about a notable intersection - where something happened or where there is a piece of art that ISN'T connected / associated with the building nearest it?

In New York, there are several such cross roads.

Google's MyMaps product would be useful for displaying map content that is not allowed according to Google's rules for content on Google Maps

Level 8

I don't understand what you are saying.

Is there a different tool you are referring to?  One that will post to the general public?

Mymaps is for me, or me to share...right?