HarishBhatt's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

How to add a new route on google map for newly added mountains, places and Schools?

Hello Experts,
I am new to google local guide connects, so just wanted to know how to add a newly proposed road to google map. I am planning to visit the place very soon  which I want to add on map. However, I can add new places (a detailed steps of this activity) on the map but not sure how to add a full route of it by bus and walk. Also I am looking forward to know about adding an image. If anyone of you can provide me the link of any video which can solve my worries, would be much appreciated always. 

Looking forward to hear a positive response from you.

Thanks!

Almora, Uttarakhand, India
9 comments
Level 8

Re: How to add a new route on google map for newly added mountains, places and Schools?

1.You can add a single place on map by following my instruction

-Open Your Google Map App

-Click & Hold your finger where you wants to add a place

-You see new slider from down then choose Add a place

-Enter detail like Name,Address,Cetegory,Hours,Phone number,Photos

-Click The enter arrow

Your place will be published in 24 hours.

Thank you

I am also from INDIA

ODISHA

Level 3

Re: How to add a new route on google map for newly added mountains, places and Schools?

Hi Umashankar,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with me. I have added few places on google map in past but not sure how to add a new route (From point A to Poin B) on google map.
Can you please let me know if you have few steps or a video guide for this purpose which can help me.

@UmaShankarB wrote:

1.You can add a single place on map by following my instruction

-Open Your Google Map App

-Click & Hold your finger where you wants to add a place

-You see new slider from down then choose Add a place

-Enter detail like Name,Address,Cetegory,Hours,Phone number,Photos

-Click The enter arrow

Your place will be published in 24 hours.

Thank you

I am also from INDIA

ODISHA

Thanks!

Connect Moderator

Hello @HarishBhatt,

Maps provides simple editing at this time, complex editing is accomplished via a tool called Map Maker.  Roads are edited there.

Map Maker is being closed soon so that the advanced editing it offers can be moved to Maps.  Roads will be editable in Maps soon, but may not have all the features available in Map Maker at first.  If you wish to edit within Map Maker the help files for road editing can be found at https://support.google.com/mapmaker/topic/1094314.

As a note, at this time any edits to businesses within Map Maker do earn you Local Guide points, but any other editing does not

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 3

Thanks @Flash for your prompt reply and information.

I am keen interested to know how to add a new road from point A to point B (It is approx 40 KM)  into google map and there are so many places in between also.
What I was thinking if I can open google map and enable the current location. Then if I am going through that route it should be added on google map automatically. 
Just wondering how to achieve this and not sure about steps. Apologies, if I am asking the basic questions.

Thanks,

Connect Moderator

There is no way currently to add roads directly in Maps.

You will need to go to www.google.com/mapmaker to add a road.  It is not available in all countries, but is available in India.

For instructions on how to add a road in Map Maker please read the link I provided above.  If any of that does not make sense please let me know specifically where you are having issues with the instructions and I'll be glad to help.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 3

Sure, Thanks Much!

I will get back to you if in case of help needed during the time of my travel to that place. Have a great day ahead 🙂

Level 8

Good query. 

You cannot add any road by yourself. 

You have to check the same, whether it is available at GOOGLE EARTH side or not. 

If it is there, you can add the same there. Automatically, by default, it will visible.

Thank you. 

@HarishB wrote:

Hello Experts,
I am new to google local guide connects, so just wanted to know how to add a newly proposed road to google map. I am planning to visit the place very soon  which I want to add on map. However, I can add new places (a detailed steps of this activity) on the map but not sure how to add a full route of it by bus and walk. Also I am looking forward to know about adding an image. If anyone of you can provide me the link of any video which can solve my worries, would be much appreciated always. 

Looking forward to hear a positive response from you.

Thanks!

Level 5

Dear UmashankarB thanks for your post.I reside at your neighbouring state Chhattisgarh, glad to see you here.

Dr.Sanjeev
Level 6

Why newly built buildings are not showing in map?and how to add them to the map? New schools buildings i have to add on map.