TrongM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

How long for Google Map update the maps

Hi Everyone,

How long for Google Map update the maps?

Regards,

10 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: How long for Google Map update the maps

The imagery in Earth and Maps is rarely exclusive property of Google.  Instead Google purchases imagery that is available at a reasonable price.  You will find that in addition to the Google copyright notice there is normally also a secondary notice for the company that owns the imagery.

How often the imagery updates will depend on how often third parties commision flights; which are extremely expensive, and then how often the resulting imagery from those flights are offered at a reasonable price.  In other words, how often it updates will be completely different for each place as it will depend on whether Google can purchase imagery for a reasonable price.

Another consideration is whether the purchased imagery is good enough to be used as the default imagery.  Often imagery will have issues, such as being too dark, overexposed so metal roofs glare, not colour balanced, etc.  Because of this the imagery might be presented in Earth's historical imagery slider, but will not replace the current default imagery.

Finally, Google occasionally use flights that included both ortho and oblique imagery (straight down and angled imagery) that are run through algorithms to calculate heights of objects.  This will become the new default imagery at the time, but as new imagery is obtained the default imagery can update.  For that reason you may find that turning off 3D buildings shows you newer default buildings.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

@TrongM HI

Welcome to Local Guides Connect Forum and Thanks for your Posting on Connect....

It take 24 Hours to week to update any PLACE for show maps live after approved 

Some useful tips .....

Please Search the community before posting question, there are many question like yours are already solved with best answer.

If you are a new to this Forum, Please introduce yourself in this thread- 

Before make any new post, read this board topics to know about the forum usage  -

Visit Share your Photos & Discoveries  board to know how to share photos or story -

To know about completely Local Guides ....  

Happy Guiding !!

Happy Mapping !!

Level 4

Thanks Safiub,

I mean the maps not the name of location

Connect Moderator

@NguyễnM wrote:

Thanks Safiub,

I mean the maps not the name of location

Hi @TrongM

You mean Whole  maps Imagery update .

As far as i know there are no any exact schedule for update Google maps imagery time period , it may take 2- 5 year long to update Google maps imagery, it may be differ by country or cities .

But if you have any problem with maps update you can send a report to the team for quickly update .

Level 7

Hi @TrongM, the Google Maps background satellite composite image is a proprietary product on which Google holds any possible right, not for sale and about which they are rather shy in terms of characteristics and update frequency. In other words there is no way to know the date of the image for a given location as the time when that image will be replaced. Some more information can be grasped through Google Earth where you can check the date of the image, when available, and the possible presence of past images.

If by any chance a 10 m resolution is fine with you, you can also rely on Sentinel 2, now available also on Earth Engine after registration.

Saluti,

Giulio

Level 4

Dear Team,

Thanks so much for your reply ^^

Connect Moderator
Solution

The imagery in Earth and Maps is rarely exclusive property of Google.  Instead Google purchases imagery that is available at a reasonable price.  You will find that in addition to the Google copyright notice there is normally also a secondary notice for the company that owns the imagery.

How often the imagery updates will depend on how often third parties commision flights; which are extremely expensive, and then how often the resulting imagery from those flights are offered at a reasonable price.  In other words, how often it updates will be completely different for each place as it will depend on whether Google can purchase imagery for a reasonable price.

Another consideration is whether the purchased imagery is good enough to be used as the default imagery.  Often imagery will have issues, such as being too dark, overexposed so metal roofs glare, not colour balanced, etc.  Because of this the imagery might be presented in Earth's historical imagery slider, but will not replace the current default imagery.

Finally, Google occasionally use flights that included both ortho and oblique imagery (straight down and angled imagery) that are run through algorithms to calculate heights of objects.  This will become the new default imagery at the time, but as new imagery is obtained the default imagery can update.  For that reason you may find that turning off 3D buildings shows you newer default buildings.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Connect Moderator

Re: update time on map 15 days or 30 days note actually update

Generally the satellite imagery on Maps will be updated frequently in city areas and much less frequently in other areas. This varies from place to place, country to country. Satellite imagery is expensive so is only gathered when it would be useful to the Maps users. Generally you could expect city imagery to be updated around once a year. Hope this helps @heerak

Level 2

How can google map update my surroundings to it latest look?

When I view Google map with satellite, I still get an older capture of the surroundings not live view. Can somebody help?

Connect Moderator

Re: How can google map update my surroundings to it latest look?

Hello @Isaac_Botchwey

There is not live views anywhere in the world.  Everyone sees imagery taken in the past.

With regards to updates to the imagery, that is a frequently asked question and thus I'll merge your thread with an already answered thread.