LaraT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

How do I pin a place at the right floor of the building?

I was trying to edit/add places at the mall but I got stuck at choosing the level. I wasn't able to move the place from one flor to another while editing and adding.

While exploring, this button gives me the option to switch between levels (L1 and L2), but it desapears when your're editting 😞

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_489.jpg

Does anyone knows how to select the right floor in those situations?

4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: How do I pin a place at the right floor of the building?

Hello,

Even in Map Maker, the tool used by the public to add streets, parks, cities, buildings, etc.; one of the few things never made publicly available is indoor mapping.  The level is part of indoor mapping; it only appears on specific buildings that have been added by Google's internal indoor mapping team, and only that team can make edits to the indoor map.  They do so only via updates from the supplier of the information, which is usually the building owner, as it requires using materials such as mall maps and floorplans; materials which are copyrighted and can only be supplied by the copyright owner.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello,

Even in Map Maker, the tool used by the public to add streets, parks, cities, buildings, etc.; one of the few things never made publicly available is indoor mapping.  The level is part of indoor mapping; it only appears on specific buildings that have been added by Google's internal indoor mapping team, and only that team can make edits to the indoor map.  They do so only via updates from the supplier of the information, which is usually the building owner, as it requires using materials such as mall maps and floorplans; materials which are copyrighted and can only be supplied by the copyright owner.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 6

Ohhh, I get it now.

Thank you Greg, it was a helpful and really fast answer 🙂

Connect Moderator

You are welcome, glad to help.

I don't want to promise it will work, but you could try using "Send Feedback - Other Feedback" to explain that the update is needed.  Even if they can't act on it due to the copyright issues, they will add it to their stats of who would like to see what feature added.

Level 6

@FlashThat's a good idea, I'll give it a try. Thank you, again!