BlLeel's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

How do I change PIN code (POI) of my location?

How do I edit a location tag when I can see that it is in the wrong location & Postel code.  My Correct location is "Binchawa" replaced at "Dabgaon" and My correct Postal code is "341302" replaced to "341023" this is not my POI. How do I correct this:

5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: How do I change PIN code (POI) of my location?

Hi @BlLeel

You can send feedback to Google maps and provide information about your location

• On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app Google Maps
  • Tap Menu Help  >  Send feedback.

Help.jpg

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

Are you talking about an actual POI or an area?

Some POI are editable, if they are a marked out area from the old Map Maker they probably are not. If they are a point on the map added by a Local Guide or through automation then they probably are. Can you post a screen shot of the POI you're talking about so we can help you further. Blank out any private information.

Regards

Paul

Level 5

Incorrect Location, Location & Location Name 

@PaulPavlinovich wrote:

Are you talking about an actual POI or an area?

Some POI are editable, if they are a marked out area from the old Map Maker they probably are not. If they are a point on the map added by a Local Guide or through automation then they probably are. Can you post a screen shot of the POI you're talking about so we can help you further. Blank out any private information.

Regards

Paul

I'm new here so please suggest me that can you change my PIN code.

My Village's link is below.

Beechawa
Rajasthan 341023

https://goo.gl/maps/8JVPoks6HTs

My Location's correct Postal (PIN) code is 341302

Correct Location at the South- west near Balaji Temple & Govt. School.

Thanks

Regards

B. L. Leel

Connect Moderator

Hi @BlLeel we aren't able to change your village pin but you send feedback to Google maps. Select your village and describe information about your right pin and send to Google maps. Please check steps in my first reply.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

Hi @BlLeel the advice of @NareshDarji is correct. I would imagine though that the postal code would be set from an official government mapping source so it may be difficult to get it changed.

You had me confused with PIN - here it means Personal Identification Number and it is used with credit/debit cards. Now I know in your area a PIN is a postal code. In Australia they're called Postcodes and in the US they are Zip Codes.

Regards

Paul