Wherop's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

How do I add hours for each service at one place?

What should I do when there is one place, that has multiple services each with their own opening hours? E.g. car retail and repair

7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: How do I add hours for each service at one place?

Hello,

The service department of a car dealership typically has it's own separate space, own staff, own hours, own cash register and own phone number; with the last element being the most important.  If this describes the situation,and it does have it's own phone number, then it would qualify for it's own POI under the rules for departments that can be mapped.

When a department meets the qualifications for it's own POI it doesn't have to have a unique name, but rather the name can include the containing business' name.  For example:

• Main Street Ford could have a separate listing for Main Street Ford Service Department
  • Walmart could have a separate listing for Walmart Pharmacy

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Level 10

@Wherop, thanks for rising this question.

There are two points of interest: retail & car repair, I would suggest to create the missing one as explained in google help

About car dealer, from my experience it is difficult to find a mechanic and easy to find sales people ...

Level 10

Hi @Wherop as @JeanRV suggested, if they have different service hours and, hopefully, different names, street address (door front) and maybe phone number, you can create another service as missing business.

Level 10

Hi @Wherop, Right know there is no option on Maps to define separate working hours for different sections of one business. You can only enter one, for example which one opens more.

Also notice that if it is only one business with two (or more) sections and all have same address and phone number, then you can not add them separately to the map.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello,

The service department of a car dealership typically has it's own separate space, own staff, own hours, own cash register and own phone number; with the last element being the most important.  If this describes the situation,and it does have it's own phone number, then it would qualify for it's own POI under the rules for departments that can be mapped.

When a department meets the qualifications for it's own POI it doesn't have to have a unique name, but rather the name can include the containing business' name.  For example:

• Main Street Ford could have a separate listing for Main Street Ford Service Department
  • Walmart could have a separate listing for Walmart Pharmacy

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 10

Thanks @Flash for these details.

You mention "the rules for departments that can be mapped", is there a web site where we can read additional details about these rules?

Level 4

@Wherop Hopefully I'm not kicking an old horse, but there's trick I learned while working with a Google Agency awhile ago. If you need to list hours for another location, like the others said, you can 'not' list two separate hours jointly. This becomes a bigger headache if you don't have a second address. However, a work-around that we used was to take the address and add a 'Suite #/letter' to the name. This would allow for the location to be labeled and a Geo-tag/pin to be placed on the map for the location, as well as tie in a separate webpage (provided one exist) and separate number (again, provided one exist) yet utilize the same address, with the exception of the Suite edit.
Anywho, hope you got everything sorted out over there!

Connect Moderator

Suite numbers should only be used if they are real world, that is that the local address authority (normally the city or county/district) has authorized it.

There is also no need to do so; separate addresses have never been a requirement on the map.  Google has always recognized that multiple POIs might share one address.

What is necessary in almost every case is separate phone numbers.  If you are using this method because the place already has a POI at the location and you want to create a second one but it is not a proper department with a separate phone number then you are creating a feature that should not be on the map and will be deleted once noticed.