Amitesh_Gayen's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Bengali spelling is showing wrong

Hey @DrShaunak You can report these errors on Maps by submitting a feedback in-app or via Maps on desktop. For More info click here.

Level 9

@arjunsbmp Yes, I know the process. I already reported but it did not help.  I think this option is limited to few correction.  Here  almost entire names (Bengali) are showing wrong in Bengali so more correction is required.  That's why I am looking for any solutions from Googlers. 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Level 8

@DrShaunak I think there is no other options for local guides for correcting the translations. request Google to ensure more quality in  translations before making them published

Connect Moderator

Hello,

I am going to merge your thread with an already existing one.  Most issues have already been discussed on the forum, please always search first before posting to ensure you are not creating a duplicate thread.

As mentioned, you should follow the already existing process of using Submit Feedback.  Such things do take time; the Googlers in this forum are not going to be able to change the process.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

@Flash Sorry for delayed reply. Actually I already searched for this topic in this forum before posting but unfortunately I could not find any similar exist topic as the previous post does not bear any proper headings. Anyways thanks for merging my post with previous thread. 

As you said Googlers in this forum are not going to be able to change the process so we have not wait. Hope for the best.

Here in Kolkata everyday people are getting "Bengali spelling" errors in maps. Yesterday a local news paper "Eisamay" has highlighted this news as well. The link and screenshot given below. 

http://www.epaper.eisamay.com/Details.aspx?id=34151&boxid=172018221 

172018221.JPG

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Level 9

Re: How to change Location Name in Google Maps

@Amitesh_Gayen there is such problems. Features with boundry can not be edited but if you search in google from computer then we can suggest edit on features' name addrress etc but not in mobile devices.

Pushpendra nepal Nepal Local Guide | My Contributions
Level 2

Re: How did we change Area/Location Name in Google Maps

I am not able to see my location in google map. Pointer is giving but name is not showing

Plot 104, sector 6, Industrial Model Twp, Jalalpur, Haryana 123501

Bharat+Technologies,+Bawal,+Haryana/@28.0984329,76.5811036,17z

Connect Moderator

Hello @atrip,

Are you stating that you place can be found by searching Maps, but the name does not always display on the map?

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Level 8

Re: How to change Location Name in Google Maps