Amitesh_Gayen's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: How to change Location Name in Google Maps

hi,

for the last few days I'm going through those conversations. There is a nice proverb-" if looks could kill". Here we are in the same boat. Don't change those names, and the pronunciation from english to bengali. then the existance of the map and location will be in jeopardy. thanks

Connect Moderator

@Amitesh_Gayen, you seem to be trying to combine two different things here, and thus I'm unsure what to do with your thread.

1. You have noted that editing of many features is not yet available.  You are asking that editing of features that current does not have editing be turned on.
  2. You are reporting that a large portion of the Bengali naming for certain features is incorrect.

Issue #1 is not unknown.  When Google said they were closing Map Maker they also stated that advanced editing would be moved to Maps; but they said it would take time and that features would be gradually added.  If your post is to report Issue #1 then I will move this post to the Feedback section; but please realize that Google is already aware of the issue and they will be continuing with their already established internal plans and timeline.  There is no need to report issues that are known here in the forum. If you are doing so to express to Google that editing additional features is a feature you would like to see soon; that is also something that should be submitted via "Send Feedback -> Other Feedback".  In other words, submit feedback that is not about this particular naming issue, but rather submit feedback saying you'd like to see that type of editing turned on soon.

Issue #2 is an example of something you would report via Feedback.  Please do so.  You can report it as an overall issue, and if you want you can then report what changes you feel are necessary to each incorrect feature.  I realize you state that each reporting each feature would take time, but once editing is available then editing each feature would also take time.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

@Flash thanks

Level 2

Re: How did we change Area/Location Name in Google Maps

1-  open google map

2-  go to side bar menu

3-  click on add missing place or send feedback

4-  mark on the map

Level 5

I cannot Fix a map problem in this area and cannot send a Feedback to change the location name on Google map and also cannot Add a missing place on this location

Location Name :"Sever Thendi Pora"

Connect Moderator

@Rameez, please follow my instructions above to use "Send Feedback -> Other Feedback".

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 5

Sir still can't Add a missing place it shows an error "Enter the Valid Address"

Connect Moderator

Please create a new thread for your new issue, and please give full details of the issue when you do so.

Before you create a new thread, please search the help files and this forum for existing solutions.

Level 2

1. open google maps

2. login from your account

3. find the location want change

4. go to left sidebar menu

5. and click ssuggest an edit or claim this business

6.your information should be true

thank you

Level 9

Bengali spelling is showing wrong

Recently Google maps introduced Bengali script names in West Bengal. While translating names from English to Bengali translator system did many errors. Today I found many errors (showing wrong name in Bengali) in my locality and Calcutta area as well.  The percentage of error is more than 75% 

I am unable to report in maps because I did not find any option for edit, I mean to correct the Bengali spelling. 

I am showing an example. The place where I stay is called Chatra, the correct Bengali name is চাতরা but Google maps is wrongly showing the name ছাত্র , the name means Student. Also every plot names in Salt Lake, Calcutta area is showing wrong name. 

Such type of spelling errors is almost everywhere in Calcutta. We are looking for any solutions. Please help @GusMoreira

Maps error.pngMany errors in Salt Lake areaMany errors in Salt Lake area

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus