tjbalaji's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

How can we edit road segments in Google Maps

Hi There,

With mapmaker about to retire in March '17, I am having doubts if all that was possible with mapmaker can be done using Google Maps. For example, how can we edit road segments like, road names, turn restrictions using Google Maps?

Thanks,

Balaji

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
5 comments
Level 10

Re: How can we edit road segments in Google Maps

Hi @tjbalaji

True that there is no news about these features ever appearing in Maps. No-one has any ideas what will happen (and when). Let's at least hope that all the features will eventually be transferred - and hopefully in a usable way.

Level 7

Currently, I think we can just report the road issues by reporting a data problem (suggesting an edit)  by right-clicking on the maps at the area of our problem, a report gets sent and vetted by the Maps team, I guess.

I have given 4 reports till now and have got reply for only one of mine.
My reports were specific to road blocks, Dead- Ends, Road ends.

Connect Moderator

Announcements regarding the addition of new editing features in Maps are still forthcoming from Google.  When made they will certainly be pinned to the top of the Mapping Your World sub-forum.  Until then I'm afraid no one will be able to provide you more details than currently posted.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

It's official now. Quoting from the post below: "3/16/17 UPDATE: The ability to edit road segments in Google Maps on Desktop is available to Level 4/5 Local Guides and rolling out to Level 3 today."

Exclusive: Edit a road segment in Google Maps

Level 10

That', just a very limited editing potential, @tjbalaji It mainly means that you can report isues but cannot directly edit roads. True that it looks promising and hopefully Google did not invest so much resources into a complex UI just to allow people report.