Basityousuf
Pulwama
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: How can this shade be removed from below map

Hello,

Most of the high definition "satellite" imagery on Google Maps is not taken from a satellite, but rather are taken from airplanes.  Google purchases aerial flights that are available for a reasonable price around the world along with satellite imagery and then pastes everything together.

In your screenshot you have found the border between two sets of imagery.  The one on the left was flown November 21, 2014 and the one on the right was flown September 19, 2016.  You can obtain these dates in Google Earth (desktop version) using the Historical Slider.

More importantly, the one on the left has a copyright by CNES/Astrium.  Astrium was a satellite company, it is now part of Airbus Space and Defense.

There is no way to change the photos on the left, the poor resolution is due to the fact that it is an actual satellite image instead of a aerial flight.  Sometime in the future Google will update that area again and the imagery will likely improve.

If you need better imagery for the area you can use the historical imagery slider in Google Earth to look at older imagery.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Level 5

This shade appers when your Internet speed is not proper. I can see the speed of your Internet at the top of your screen. This is similarly like buffering of a video, the image takes time to appear well on screen.

Aman Pandey 

India

Level 7

No this shade comes on every map 

I checked the map from different phones and from my laptop but it is still there

Basityousuf
Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello,

Most of the high definition "satellite" imagery on Google Maps is not taken from a satellite, but rather are taken from airplanes.  Google purchases aerial flights that are available for a reasonable price around the world along with satellite imagery and then pastes everything together.

In your screenshot you have found the border between two sets of imagery.  The one on the left was flown November 21, 2014 and the one on the right was flown September 19, 2016.  You can obtain these dates in Google Earth (desktop version) using the Historical Slider.

More importantly, the one on the left has a copyright by CNES/Astrium.  Astrium was a satellite company, it is now part of Airbus Space and Defense.

There is no way to change the photos on the left, the poor resolution is due to the fact that it is an actual satellite image instead of a aerial flight.  Sometime in the future Google will update that area again and the imagery will likely improve.

If you need better imagery for the area you can use the historical imagery slider in Google Earth to look at older imagery.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 7

thank you so much for letting me know All this

But I can't even send feedback from the area to Google to edit some wrong names 

Kashmir bieng a conflicted region can this be a reason.

@GreggG wrote:

Hello,

Basityousuf
Connect Moderator

Feedback is not available in every country.  The availability of feedback is normally linked to either Google having complete control of the map in the area (in other words they are the map generator rather than them purchasing all the date from a mapping company, which is what they did in all countries when Google Maps first started) or them having an agreement with the data supplier that user data can be added.

If the area is conflicted then Google cannot send in the Street View cars to get their own data, and this probably use a data supplier.  The reason for feedback not being available is usually that there is a data supplier for the area, but you might be right in that the conflict in the area is the cause of the data supplier having to be used.