ioanaac's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

How can I sugest seasonal opening hours for Schloss Paffendorf-Erft, Burggasse 1, 50126 Bergheim

I'm trying to update the details for opening hours of Schloss Paffendorf-Erft, Burggasse 1, 50126 Bergheim
Many times it happen to me to visit a place and the opening hours from google maps were different of those showed at the entrance.
In present, they're in 'winter' hours, so they're open only on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays 10-17.
What's the best way to handle this forward? How we can improve the information showed by Google Maps in case there were changed for a short period of time?
It is very frustrating to drive 1 or 3 hours to see that eventually the location is close, when Google Maps is showing that is open

8 comments
Level 10

Re: How can I sugest seasonal opening hours for Schloss Paffendorf-Erft, Burggasse 1, 50126 Bergheim

Hi @ioanaac sorry, there is no simple way to change opening hours using seasonal rules.

As you can read here: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/Seasonal-Hours/m-p/49942#M2710

there are several Feature Requests on this topic.

Actually you have to mark close and re-open accordingly.

Level 5

Re: How can I sugest seasonal opening hours for Schloss Paffendorf-Erft, Burggasse 1, 50126 Bergheim

Thanks for responding. 

Connect Moderator

Hi @ioanaac

Sorry for reaching you so late.

Even if you are writing about the time you spend on traveling, it seems your content is not related to the Travel-and-Advice board. Please  /Read-Posting-on-Travel-and-Advice-Board/

I'm moving your post to Mapping-Your-World board 

Thanks @LucioV for your help 

Ermes 

Level 8

There are two ways to add hours, one by putting in the hours days etc, the other is by adding a photo, you could use this method.

Level 8

all solution are given.

you may upload a photo by editing/add time and season.

• by seeing photo people understand when open, when close.
Connect Moderator

Hello @ioanaac,

The feature you mention has been requested by users long before the Local Guides program even existed, but if I had to predict why it hasn't been implemented it would be because it is seldom that the hours that will be happening half a year from now can be stated with certainty.  I thus wouldn't think it would be high in priority.

To answer your question with what options we do have now, there is no way to preset such changes but instead the edit to the hours must be made as or after the hours change.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

@ioanaac wrote:

In present, they're in 'winter' hours, so they're open only on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays 10-17.

Hmm.  One cannot trust their website:

Oktober bis März:
Montag bis Freitag: 11:30 bis 18:00 Uhr
Samstag und Sonntag: 10:00 bis 18:00 Uhr

Level 7