Mjyates's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Holiday Apartment Listings

Hi

We have many apartment blocks here in Durban.

What is the google policy regarding listings of individual apartments for rent?

Thanks

Durban South, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 7
Solution

Re: Holiday Apartment Listings

Per, Guidelines for representing your business on Google

"Ineligible businesses

The following businesses aren’t eligible for a business listing: 

• Rental or for-sale properties, such as vacation homes, model homes or vacant apartments. Sales or leasing offices, however, are eligible for verification..."

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Level 7
Solution

Per, Guidelines for representing your business on Google

"Ineligible businesses

The following businesses aren’t eligible for a business listing: 

• Rental or for-sale properties, such as vacation homes, model homes or vacant apartments. Sales or leasing offices, however, are eligible for verification..."
Level 10

Great thanks @sputnikjim for not making me wade through all the policies 🙂

Level 10

Hi @sputnikjim

Just one more thing.

When editing these places IE deleting them, how should they be marked ? Spam ?

@Mjyates wrote:

Great thanks @sputnikjim for not making me wade through all the policies 🙂

Connect Moderator

Simply mark them as Does Not Exist.

The actual rule for Maps is that a rental (or place for sale) cannot be mapped, but the place from which you rent it can be mapped if it meets all other rules for being on the map (storefront staffed during regular business hours, etc.).  This then means that a rental can be mapped if there is onsite managment.  This is what allows a hotel to be mapped, a proper B&B to be mapped, and an apartment building too can be rented if there is an onsite landlord or office that can help people coming in from off the street to make inquiries.

I mention this because every once and a while we do have vacation rentals that qualify, for example there was a place with about 50 homes; 8 of them were owned by one person, they were grouped together and he lived in the middle house ready to help his renters and any walk in inquires.  But living nearby (but not actually onsite), having a property manager that will come when called, etc. does not qualify a place.  Similarly, a basement suite for rent or an AirBnB style rental within someone's house do not qualify as there are no regular business hours duing which a walk in is guaranteed to be able to be helped.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages