warderjack's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Hillsboro Major Address Change and street name change project

I work for the City of Hillsboro Oregon in the United States, and we have a major address change project. A bunch of street names need to be changed, yet, for the most part, these street name changes aren't being made effective, even though the signs are up and all of our local GIS maps show the new names in place below.

I keep getting Not Applied when I suggest addresses being update to reflect what's in our local systems, and my edits not being approved for the street names. Any tips for what to do? On the above noted website there are a bunch of formal documents. Yes, I have already read the stock response that's here, and frankly not that helpful for this kind of situation.

NoHi north Hillsboro.jpgNoHi south Hillsboro.jpg

Hillsboro, OR, United States
1 comment
Level 7

Re: Hillsboro Major Address Change and street name change project

@warderjack wrote:

I work for the City of Hillsboro Oregon in the United States, and we have a major address change project. A bunch of street names need to be changed, yet, for the most part, these street name changes aren't being made effective, even though the signs are up and all of our local GIS maps show the new names in place below.

You are much more likely to see edits approved and published sooner if you relate to Google in you capacity as an official, rather than as just another of its billion GMaps users.   You do that by jumping through a few hoops to convince Google that you are an official source. 

Here's where you start the process.  Ive not gone thru it myself -- Im just one of the billion ordinary users -- so I cant answer quests, BUT there are Google staff that are there to answer questions via the "Contact Us" forms.

Base Map Partner Program