mariusferdinandT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Help me out with this problem

As I get more involved contributing to Google Map some problems pop up:

1. Finding it hard to choose right category for place or business as some are very local 

2. Real address and on Google Map is not same, it uses to be block or number. Once I got the whole block are unmatched 

3. One address has multiple businesses. The front is for rent. It is often the front is more popular. 

4. Street number are not in order and random and a number is split to extension 

I would be grateful for every suggestion and any kind of help and advice

2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Help me out with this problem

Hello @mariusferdinandT,

1. Finding it hard to choose right category for place or business as some are very local 

If you cannot find what you think is an appropriate category then please make a post here to ask for help.  We'd need as much information as possible, such as the name, location, URL, photos, etc.

2. Real address and on Google Map is not same, it uses to be block or number. Once I got the whole block are unmatched 

Google's system has certain address fields that it accepts.  Items that don't fit into those fields cannot be understood by the system and thus must by filtered out for the system understand the address.

Some of the issue might be that features on the map are not properly mapped; but until we have the tools to view and edit these it would not be possible to tell.

Also, it should be mentioned that if the physical address does not match the postal address, we use the physical address.  So if part of the address is to allow mail delivery, that is not something we are documenting on the map.

3. One address has multiple businesses. The front is for rent. It is often the front is more popular. 

Each separate business gets it's own listing.  It needs to be separate, though; one travel agency operating under 4 different business names gets only one listing, even if the 4 businesses are all legally set up as separate companies.

4. Street number are not in order and random and a number is split to extension 

Do you mean in real life?  You should still enter the correct information on the map.  This just means that people cannot use predictive navigation, and assuming 150 is between 140 and 160 is not valid.  That's a local issue, not a Maps issue.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

Re: Help me out with this problem

1. to choose right category , you can type your desired category with using your laptop or desktop only, then you are able to type your category...

2. it is also the same, try to enter using laptop or desktop, then you can get multi options for address..

3.  for multiple bsinesses you can enter and add multiple places for same one building .. it doesnt matter..

4.. for street address and extensions, you can try to be maximum straight and accurate by adding address and you give relevance or reference nearer to your New adding place ...

i hope my guide would have helped u alot ....